• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Periclez
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Jan 2020

Recalculating Sparse Cloud Information

Hi there.

I study architecture and I've been using Zephyr's free version for a while now to scan architectural models, toys, friends faces, terrains from drone flights and topography models from google earth to get a grip of the program (works great, such awesomeness).

Now I'm using it to build a complex topographic model from on-site photos, because of the limitations of the free version I did it by parts and now downloaded the trial for 3df zephyr pro to mash together the different sparse point clouds into a bigger project, witch now I'm finding out saves me a lot of time considering I don't have a cuda video card and every sparse point cloud is already calculated on it's own, yet the final model still haves work to be done and adding new photos or recalculating cameras takes more and more the bigger the data set gets.

So I was wandering if there was a way to recalculate the whole thing without starting from zero, that is to recalculate the sparse point cloud using the camera position information I already have in the project, by twinkling or nudging every camera into place yet keeping most of the keypoints they have in common with their neighbouring cameras, making the whole more precise.

Is there such a feature? It would be really time saving and helpful, if not maybe in the future?

Thanks a lot! I'll upload some pics after the program finishes running the 10 hour merge i have going on. =P
Working...