• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nedo
    3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
    • Nov 2016

Star Wars VIII

Ok, lets talk about the upcoming new Star Wars VIII
    Any Star Wars fans here? I allready got the Movie tickets for 15.12.2017 (one day after launch)
    Can't wait to see where the new story moves. What special person is Ray after all, looks like the force is very strong with her!
    And my feelings are Luke will not survive the Episode 8
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

I'll be going too of course =) although my expectations are very low

I loved Rogue One, but episode 7 was a letdown to me, but so was the phantom menace*, so i still have hope for 8 and 9

On a side note, check out this scan Nick Lievendag (3Dscanexpert) made of the original carbonite

https://sketchfab.com/models/9f8de0a...bdcf51c4651cc0

Made with zephyr, using 50 images :3

* assuming you acknowledge it as a star wars movie. I like the machete order. 4,5,2,3,6. Phantom menace did not happen.
    Last edited by Andrea Alessi; 2017-11-21, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Nedo
      3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
      • Nov 2016

now that is a cool scan! I think i would do the same if i was there
      For me, Episode 4,5 and 6 are the real Star Wars, no wonder, i watched the first movie 1977 at age 9 !
      But The new Episodes and especially Rogue One are really good done, compared to the Episode 1,2, and 3.
      Now back to the carbonite scan, he should allow download, i would love to see it in Steam VR 1:1 scale!
      I just started to scan real movie scenes (ie. Aliens, Star Wars) from video (i have to try zephyr's loading video option)
      just to enter the scene in full VR. Now with the 4K movies it should allready look good enough.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

I'll ask Nick =)

that's a great idea! Don't forget to share your result if you manage to get some cool in-movie scene!

Comment

• Nedo
          3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
          • Nov 2016

Not much left of star wars talk here anyway i'm about to get one of this new 4K action cams who can record at @60fps + a gimbal and try this for photogrammetry,
          (Damn good deals right now on amazon!) have you inhouse some expirience with such equipment? I usualy use my Nikon DSLR for the scans,
          but a cam would be much quicker for most work.

Comment

• Nedo
            3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
            • Nov 2016

aaah great! will scan something this WE, but not tomorrow, its Star Wars Time! ;-D

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
              3Dflow Staff
              • Oct 2013

Seen it last night! bold choice from the director to have the whole movie as a rap song, but worth it. Charlie Sheen really outdid himself.

Comment

• Nedo
                3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
                • Nov 2016

What??? spoiler Alarm!!!?!

Comment

• Nedo
                  3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
                  • Nov 2016

So i went to the movie theatre and saw Episode 8, i'm thinking about what I just saw

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                    3Dflow Staff
                    • Oct 2013

(moved the post from the other thread )

Liked it? Personally i found it too much like a superhero movie rather than a star wars one had fun, but not a movie i'd rewatch instantly

Comment

• Nedo
                      3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
                      • Nov 2016

Well, i expected something different, for my taste it had to many jokes, i missed the seriousness, then what Lea did/survived, (don't want spoilers here) but you know what i mean ;p
                      that was... eh no words ;-D but i enjoyed it, good popcorn entertainment, it will come soon (first star wars movie in 4K UHD Bluray!) and i will watch it again for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎