X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZazMMM
    3Dfollower
    • Nov 2018

Zephyr Lite Camera Suggestions

I'd love to be able to have hotkeys in the program for most of the controls available in the Scene->Camera menu.

I find myself toggling between ortho and perspective and using the Top,Left, Front, etc. views when working with datasets that don't orient correctly. Using those controls via the menu is awkward at best. I keep wanting to use my blender hotkeys, :-).

Also, I found the English wording confusing at first. Move Up, Move Left, etc. make me think they were were going to move the camera up, down, left or right. Top View or View From Top, etc. would make much more sense.

I'm enjoying the software, great job!
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi ZazMMM,

in the version in development we have added bindable hotkeys:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	options.JPG
Views:	579
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	3722

If you'd like you can ask for a beta key (see the sticky thread), so you can test the new version and report missing hotkeys if any

Comment

• ZazMMM
      3Dfollower
      • Nov 2018

I do use those keys all the time and probably wouldn't change them from the default WASD configuration. It is good to see the ability to configure them if needed. WASD is burned into my brain from too many games and other 3D programs, so I'm normally fine with those.

However, I was talking about the items in the menu as shown in the attached screenshot. Specifically, I'd love to see hotkeys for "Orthographic Projection", "Move Up", "Move Down", "Move Left", "Move Right", "Move Front" and "Move Back". "Reset" might be useful too, but I rarely use that, if ever.

Also, as I mentioned in the original post, the English text is a bit misleading. For example, "Move Up" doesn't actually move you up (like the Camera.MoveUp/Hotkey-Q in your image) as the text says, it moves you to a top down view. I do want/need the functionality it provides, i.e. moving to a top down view, but didn't even try it in the beginning since I thought it simply duplicated the Camera.MoveUp function. Calling it something like "Top Down View" or "Top View" would more accurately represent its function. You can apply similar logic to the other "Move" menu items.

The "Orthographic Projection" text looks good to me. I'd just like to have a hotkey to quickly toggle on and off.

Much of what I've imported orients itself correctly, but somethings don't. That's when I start to use the Top, Front, Left and Right views in Orthographic Projection to line up the point cloud prior to orient the model correctly.

The text change isn't a big deal for me since I've already crossed that Rubicon, but I would like the hotkeys for those functions, :-), and it might help other newbies.

I'll check out the beta. I actually started this thread after I saw there was a beta, hoping the the new hotkeys might make it into the new version, ;-).

Thanks again.

Comment

• kezo
        3Dflower
        • Nov 2018

+1 for ortho hotkeys! Was just about to make a similar suggestion.

Comment

• Filippo
          3Dflow staff
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by kezo
          +1 for ortho hotkeys! Was just about to make a similar suggestion.
          noted and implemented in the next release!

(Thanks Marco)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍