Request: Object Selection Tool and transfer the selection from one model to another

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickunr
    3Dflower
    • Aug 2020

Request: Object Selection Tool and transfer the selection from one model to another

I'm thinking like how photoshop does it. For example, in Photoshop, you import a complex shape, and then use Object Selection tool to the entire shape and use that selection on another layer. Almost like creating a stencil that can be used on other graphics.

I'm thinking this could save a lot of time for specific workflows where you want to cut out a particular part of your model, using the geometry of another model.

For example you produce a photogrammetry model of the side of a mountain, and now you want to import a model of a sword. You could use this "Object Selection Tool" to highlight the sword geometry and then transfer that selection to the side of the mountain and cut out sword shape from the geometry of the mountain.
  • nickunr
    3Dflower
    • Aug 2020

Here is a video link describing "conceptually" what I mean by selection transfer. In the video example, I take the selection of a blue tiger, and I use that selection to cut out a tiger from the pinkish green gradient layer.

Comment

Working...