X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • levart
    3Dfollower
    • Mar 2023

Camera alignment options

There a few ideas I have for options when aligning cameras.
    1. Sometimes I'll add cameras and tell Zephyr that they are close to certain other cameras and it still aligns them with wrong, far away cameras. It would be great to be able to tell Zephyr that this camera is close to cameras A,B,C and is NOT close to cameras X,Y,Z.
    2. We use a turntable for capturing images of rock samples. There are many occasions when a few cameras in a set won't align, but the rest of the set will. When all else fails, it would be wonderful to be able to position the viewport camera so it is looking at the sparse cloud from the approximate orientation of an unaligned camera and tell Zephyr to try aligning from that position. Additionally, an option to tell it not to give up until it succeeds, iterating upward through sensitivities would be helpful. Perhaps even an interactive feature where it asks the user if the alignment is right and then it tries again if not. Or maybe there is a way to let the user nudge the orientation around manually.
    3. Similar to number 2, with the sets taken on the turntable, sometimes Zephyr can align each turntable set with other cameras in that set but struggles to align across sets. For example, we usually take 3 sets of 24 pictures, rotating the object 90 degrees each time. Each set of 24 can be aligned no problem in a separate workspace, and usually can align most of the pictures from the other two sets, but not all. We end up having to create 2 or 3 workspaces and then merge them based on common cameras. While this works, it adds to the processing time. Is it possible to add a feature where the user can designate such easily aligned sets and then have Zephyr align the sets to each other?
    Finally, I have one suggestion that is relatively minor. Using the Camera navigator to check images for proper alignment, it would be very nice to be able to just press the arrow keys to flip through them rather than having to click on each one. It's a small thing, but it would make the process quicker.
Working...