• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nedo
    3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
    • Nov 2016

Import 3D Mesh, unstructured ?

Hello,
    i have a question regarding Export <> Import a 3D Mesh.
    I export a 3D Mesh generated with 3DF Zephyr, i then edit the Mesh with other Applications,
    retoplogy, cleaning, closing holes ect.
    When i try to Import it back, it shows "unstructured" Mesh, i'm not able to Texture it.
    Any help?

Nedo
    (3DF Zephyr Steam Edition)
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Nedo,
    if you want to import a texture with known uv map and compute the texture, you have to use the tool in Import -> Import mesh with uv map

Comment

• Nedo
      3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
      • Nov 2016

Hi Roberto, thanks for the Info,
      so when i create a 3D Mesh in Zephyr with no texture and export it, i have to add UV Map manualy before import back?

Comment

• Roberto
        3Dflow
        • Jun 2011

Err... now I got it and I found out there's problem . I double checked and the 'make structured' command is only for Pro / Aerial version. This is actually a mistake as the make structured command should be enabled also for mesh and textured mesh in the lite version (and disabled for point clouds).
        At the moment you have two options:
        1 - Export the mesh, edit, import back in Zephyr, right click -> make structured (recompute visibility) -> and then compute texture and uv
        2 - Export the mesh, edit, import back with uv mapping and use the Import mesh with uv map tool.

We'll make an update 3.501 by the end of the week that will correct some minor issues and this problem as well.
        Thanks for reporting the problem. Meanwhile, I'll send you an email with a temporary pro key so you can continue the processing.

Comment

• Nedo
          3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
          • Nov 2016

Now that was quick! i will report tonight.
          Thank you Roberto!

Nedo

Comment

• Nedo
            3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
            • Nov 2016

Just reporting, it works!

Comment

Working...