• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nakahika
    3Dflower
    • Dec 2017

PNG Mask file

Hi guys
    I'd like to mask as PNG files but I don't know how to use that.
    I just clipped images and saved as PNG by photoshop.
    Is it possible to use the images as mask files??
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Nakahika,

you can use png (or jpg) masks file. You should mark the foreground area as white and the background as black. Then simply rename your masks file with "filename"_mask.png or filename"_masked.png (with "filename" the name of the input image), put them in the same folder of the input images, select to use masking during the project wizard and Zephyr should automatically load them. If you are still having issues, please let me know and send me a sample mask file that you are not able to load.

Comment

• nakahika
      3Dflower
      • Dec 2017

Hi Roberto
      Thank you for your reply.
      I tried that you mentioned but I couldn't mask using these photo.
      My sample mask file is here. please let me know what should I do.
      Send or share your big files with tenpu. The easy and safe way to send or share to your big files.

Comment

• Roberto
        3Dflow
        • Jun 2011

Thanks for sharing the files. I've just test the datasets and it works fine on my side.
        I've made a short video of the procedure:

Please let me know if you are still having problems

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	947
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1629

Comment

• nakahika
          3Dflower
          • Dec 2017

Hi Roberto
          Thanks to your video, It worked fine on my side too but I have another issue.
          When I exported mesh with texture as obj data and import into Blender, the mesh looks strange shape.
          So I can't adjust size or rotation.
          I added the photo when I import the mesh into Blender.

Comment

• Roberto
            3Dflow
            • Jun 2011

Hi Nakahika,

I think your model has been automatically georeferenced by Zephyr (maybe with the GPS information of your camera?) and Blender does not support double precision.

You can easily fix the problem by making sure that the checkbox 'local rendering reference system' is checked during export.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	937
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1662

Comment

• nakahika
              3Dflower
              • Dec 2017

Hi Roberto
              Thank you for your reply!
              The problem was solved but I got stuck another problem. I'm sorry for bothering you again and again.
              When I scanned another object, it worked fine (not N/O photo) but after scanning, some parts became big hole.
              I think it's because of the material. Is there any tips of this issue??
              I added photo of the mesh.
              And the data set is here.
              操作性を下げる広告一切なし。高いセキュリティとシンプルなUIで、安全でスマートなファイル転送が可能。大切なファイルを送るならtenpu。

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

Hi nakahika,

uniform surfaces often have this issue - the easiest solution (which is not always possible though) is to dirty the surface, i.e. with dust or powder.

If however, you want to maintain the original texture, a little bit more complex process is required, using for example a projector and taking two shots.

Before going down this path though, you may also want to try playing with some of the advanced parameters, especially the noise filter slider. Roberto is a bit busy today so i don't think he'll be able to have a look at your dataset, if not, either today or tomorrow i'll have a look at it for you

Comment

• nakahika
                  3Dflower
                  • Dec 2017

Hi Andrea
                  Thank you for your reply!! I'll try the way that you mentioned.
                  I would be glad that you check my dataset and give me some advice!

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                    3Dflow Staff
                    • Oct 2013

Hi Nakahika,

sorry it took me a while to download and see your dataset, I had quite the backlog to deal with

Anyways, there isn't much you can do! The photos are good, especially considering you used an iPhone. You could probably get slightly better results with a better camera, however uniform surfaces are a problem for photogrammetry.

The best solution would be to dirty the surface a little bit

Comment

• nakahika
                      3Dflower
                      • Dec 2017

Hi Andrea

Thank you for your reply and checking my dataset!!
                      I'll try use a much better camera and get dirty the surface.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                        3Dflow Staff
                        • Oct 2013

You're welcome!

Comment

Working...