• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HansWellens
    3Dfollower
    • Nov 2016

Multi-camera calibration

Dear All,

I realize there is a possibility to include multiple individual camera calibrations when setting up a new project using the right-click "add calibration" button. Zephyr Pro does not seem to remember these calibrations (when setting up subsequent projects) however. This requires re-loading/re-labeling them each time (14 camera rig). Is there a way to store these calibrations in Zephyr Pro? Also, is there a way to automate (script) the linking of the camera calibrations to the indivisual photos? Which radio buttons should be selected in the camera calibration screen (I suspect "Adjust internal parameters", "Use pre-calibration step" and "Adjust radial parameters") to allow Zephyr to optimize the individually calibrated cameras? Would you pros/developers and power users perform individual camera calibrations for high accuracy projects?

Thanks!
    Hans
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Hans,

unfortunately there isn't a way to load all the internal cameras parameters at once in that dialog. The only way is to load both external and internal parameters in the 'load photos with known parameters' wizard. However, we can easily add a way to do this in the future version, thanks for the suggestion. Regarding the calibration parameters, I suggest you to check the 'Adjust internal parameters' and 'adjust radial parameters'. If the cameras have a very high distortion (probably not your case) I suggest also to check the 'Adjust tangential distortion'. Finally I would suggest to uncheck the 'Use precalibration step': if the loaded parameters are already a good estimate, it's better to run the reconstruction without any precalibration step.

Comment

Working...