X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • starpause
    3Dflower
    • Jan 2018

gargoyle example failure

I'm trying to capture a gargoyle, figured it was a good test, the closest object I have to a rock

My setup is a foldio360 turntable and tent ala https://3dscanexpert.com/review-fold...hotogrammetry/

I tried to capture it several times, each time 3DF Zephyr would not put the pictures in a ring around the model. Instead they would be clumped together to one side (see attached)

Could you take a peek at my photos and see if there's anything I'm doing that's obviously wrong? Or could be done better?

When I throw the same set of photos at Recap (well, 100 of them, I have a student license) it was able to produce this https://sketchfab.com/models/053d961...0c3db621c521fb

I hope direct comparisons are not frowned upon, just trying to give as much info as possible so that I can learn what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks in advance =)

• Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi StartPause,

don't worry, you can freely make comparisons and thanks for sharing with us the full dataset. Comparisons help us to improve our product further =)
    I will test the dataset and get back to you as soon as possible.

Comment

• Roberto
      3Dflow
      • Jun 2011

Hi StartPause,

I've just try to run your dataset with the latest version of Zephyr 3.503 and with 'close range' - 'default' settings without using any mask. Actually it works fine and all the cameras are oriented correctly. What settings are you using? Are you using masks? From your results it seems like a background problem, but it's quite strange it is working on my machine.

Can you please share with me the log file of a 'close range' - 'default' computation so I can investigate further. You can send me the log directly at roberto.toldo@3dflow.net if you wish.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1654

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘