X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejohn3d
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Jan 2018

Unstructured Lidar scans

I am working with ptx files, that are already lined up, that I just want to merge and be able generate a mesh from. The problem I am having is that the point clouds are unstructured in 3df zephyr pro (trial), and I can not seem to figure out how to be able to structure them. I have gone through the tutorials for control point and fine point reconstruction, but they seem to be using a structured cloud to structure the unstructured one. I also have just been playing around with some of the registration tools, but make structured is always greyed out.
    Is there any way that I can structure several unstructured dense point clouds without a structured reference? or can I generate a mesh from an unstructured cloud?
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Ejohn3D,

the 'make structured' option is enabled when:
    - The center of the scan is in the scan file (should be your case)
    - The bubble view images/information are in the scan file (not your case as ptx does not contain bubble view information)
    - Some photos are alraedy in the workspace, coming for example from photogrammetry (not your case)

To further investigate the problem you are having with the tx files, I would need to check one of them. Can you please send me a scan file to support@3dflow.net? As an additional test you can try to convert the scan to e57 and try again loading them in Zephyr. Thanks

Last edited by Andrea Alessi; 2018-12-11, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎