X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjenkins
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Jan 2018

Is a render queue possible?

Hi There, first off, fantastic product so far.

My question, assume you are setting up a production pipeline to capture models for a catalog.

If you had a goal to capture say 50-100 items per day is it / would it be possible to set up batching?

Capture all the images for one product, save them to a unique directory, capture the next set of images for the next product and save to a unique directory.

Ultimately once all the images are captured and separated load a batch that will do the all the processing steps unattended overnight.

Or alternately pass of jobs to a render farm.

Reagrds
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi sjenkins,

thank you for the kind words

In Pro and Aerial you can queue as many jobs as you'd like using the Utilities -> Batch function.

You can write these batch jobs using XML files: when creating a job, you have the option to save a default xml file that can be edited. XML files settings are the same as in the custom settings from the wizard.
    Last edited by Andrea Alessi; 2018-01-10, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• sjenkins
      Blossoming 3Dflower
      • Jan 2018

Great, thanks for that Andrea.

I will request a Trial of Pro to evaluate.

Regards

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

no problem, happy to help

Comment

• Ascensi
          Blossoming 3Dflower
          • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi
          Hi sjenkins,

thank you for the kind words

In Pro and Aerial you can queue as many jobs as you'd like using the Utilities -> Batch function.

You can write these batch jobs using XML files: when creating a job, you have the option to save a default xml file that can be edited. XML files settings are the same as in the custom settings from the wizard.
          Hi Andrea, is there any render farm support in the Pro or current work being done to implement this? I have several computers each i7, 32 GB ram and a couple GTX 970's in each and would really like to utilize them all to speed up the work. I'f this was already available in the Pro version I'd be more inclined to buy it but for now now I'm using the light addition.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Hi Ascensi,

unfortunately there is no network support at the moment. We did an integration for that internally a while ago but ultimately it fell down our priority list as our enterprise customers rely on our SDK.

Although it is still a nice feature in our wishlist, it's not a high priority for the moment (but i'll report your feedback )

Comment

Working...