Every time I load pictures, only a few is used by Zephyr, And I don't know why ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freeed
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Mar 2018

Every time I load pictures, only a few is used by Zephyr, And I don't know why ?

Hello there,
    I am a new user of Zephyr, (I have the free version so far), I follow the rules/tips for shooting small objetcs, but I don't have any good result for each try I did.
    One of the main reason is : on the set of photos I used, only a few is used by Zephyr, the others are rejected.
    I shot the object with the turntable style (but without using a turntable, I moved the object manually) and as you can see on the attached picture, I have got a cloud points on only one sideof the object.
    Somebody knows the reason why I have got bad results on this easy example ?
    If you want to try by yourself, please find the set of pictures I used.

WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world

Thank you for helping me.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Freeed,

using cellphones is always tricky as it's harder to obtain sharper images, especially indoors. Your workflow seem correct, but the quality of the images is what is causing the issue here.

Either try taking the pictures using a camera and a tripod if you're shooting indoors, or try taking these same images outside on a cloudy day, that should provide better lighting for such a small sensor as your phone.

Since your photos are low resolution and not very sharp, there aren't many feature for zephyr to work with, and when extracting them from the uniform side (the white one) it's normal that some cameras gets discarded. My reccomendation is to take better pictures, but if you don't have access to a better camera than you phone, try taking more images and make them as sharp as you can.

Comment

• Freeed
      Blossoming 3Dflower
      • Mar 2018

Hi Andrea Alessi,
      Thank you for your tips and advices. It's very helpful.
      I succeed by taking photos outside with cloudy weather.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Freed,

thanks for the followup! Good job!

Comment

Working...