X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CG-Guy
    3Dflover
    • Apr 2018

Love the software - using Lite version

My first tests were perfect so there was no real need to fill holes and so forth.

Now I'm doing a pizza model and the crust needed to have the holes filled on the lower sides and the entire bottom so I have a bottom to my pizza. Then I wanted a new retopology so I ran that and it worked nicely. The next step I wanted to do was fix the texture so it's back to the original high quality. I don't care if the toppings are mapped to the bottom again on the high as I'll fix that when I make the low model in another program.

My problem I'm getting (I've only use this program for a few days on the trial) is when I "update colors" on the retopology model it reverts back to the model with a hole in the model?

Is there a way to use the new retopology and the water tight version and recapture the texture details as they look low res compared to the original output

also the naming convention seems strange - why can't I name the mesh something when I apply mesh filters? or am I missing something

thanks for any assistance will definitely be purchasing when my trial is over
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi cg-guy, thank you for the kind words

After running retopology and hole filling on the mesh, you should make a new textured mesh object starting from the filtered one. The "invisible" (not seen by any cameras) parts are not removed during texturing, although they will be probably colored with a uniform boundary color. Instead, the "update colors" might remove invisible triangles from the mesh.

Regarding the object names, please note that you can rename any object by slowly double clicking on it from the left panel or with right click + rename from the context menu.

Comment

• CG-Guy
      3Dflover
      • Apr 2018

Thanks! I was finally able to get the texture onto the new topology - still learning the workflow. Also I had to show the projects tab to be able to rename - I was trying to rename in the history tab

All is good - thanks

Comment

Working...