• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3dscanreality
    3Dfollower
    • May 2017

Erasing Floating Elements

Hi there,
    first of all, sorry for being a pain in the as* lol but i'm wondering if there is any option to erase small floating elements around the object at the mesh phase.
    i mean, like gradual selection on photoscan where it keeps the main mesh but any other point or aglomerate of small points are erased if not conected to the mesh

Many thanks
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi!

no need to apologize, all questions are always welcome

You can use triangle selection, i suggest the lasso (2).

https://www.3dflow.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/pointcloud_cleaning.jpg

Connect it to select the region you do not want and then delete it (5)

It's worth pointing out that these tools (1,2,3,4,5) works both for point cloud and meshes.

You can find more explanations here https://www.3dflow.net/technology/documents/3df-zephyr-tutorials/tutorial-cleaning-point-clouds/ (i found especially useful the select by color tool for point clouds, for example when you have sky bleeding in dense point clouds) but feel free to ask any other question!

Comment

• 3dscanreality
      3Dfollower
      • May 2017

thank you

Comment

• Roberto
        3Dflow
        • Jun 2011

Actually the small connected components automatic removal filter as you meant is not available. You have to do it manually as Andrea suggested. However, we have also that filter in our todo-list and hopefully it will appear in the next updates.

Comment

• 3dscanreality
          3Dfollower
          • May 2017

great!! I'm really into this software... I understand that there's a few things to improve like this one but in the other hand, I love the sturdiness of this thing
          congrats

Comment

• Roberto
            3Dflow
            • Jun 2011

I confirm this filter will be added in the next update (probably next week) :3

Comment

• pconnell
              3Dflower
              • Jul 2016

This would be very useful, seems the biggest part of the workflow is trimming out bits you don't want from a scan. Looking forward to it (if it is in Lite of course, otherwise )

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

yes, It will be in the lite as well

There are actually some other filters coming. My favourite new one is the selective smoothing/retopology. Basically you will be able to select certain triangles and apply smoothing/retop only on those triangles. Very useful to retop/smooth out only certain areas, for example flat surfaces !

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                  3Dflow Staff
                  • Oct 2013

Made a quick video of the aforementioned tool. I REALLY like this new feature

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎