• CG-Guy
    3Dflover
    • Apr 2018

Editing Polys/ Verts

• Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi CG-Guy,

If I understand this correctly, you mean the lasso tool? If so, it has been developed in our internal build, and it will be available with the next release.

As for the "isolated vertices" you can already remove isolated regions from the mesh. From the edit menu -> select by triangles -> connected components from the drop-down menu.

Regarding the hole filling, there are two methods. The selective filling tries to fill the single holes by assuming a planar region. The new area might overlap existing ones, and so you have an option to avoid to fill those holes. The non-selective watertight method instead builds a full, non-overlapping, watertight mesh, but you cannot select which holes to fill.

Comment

• CG-Guy
      3Dflover
      • Apr 2018

The select tool that 3ds max uses doesn't require the user to fence in the whole polygon, but rather whatever you touch such as the middle of a long triangle.

Useful for quickly selecting polygons. Even the lasso would behave similar to polygon selection tool?

Attached Files

Comment

• Roberto
        3Dflow
        • Jun 2011

Ok, now I got it. Yep, the behavior of the lasso is similar. I'll verify if we can add a checkbox to enable what you are suggesting.

Comment

Working...