X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CG-Guy
    3Dflover
    • Apr 2018

Masquerade Tool

I like the speed of this tool compared to bringing in each photo into Photoshop, however I created quite a nice turntable and backdrop set up both white and black so as to reduce background noise and make masking cleaner.

Using the tool the accuracy seems to be off when there is obvious contrast differences from the background - see pic

Anyway this tool can be improved?

Click image for larger version

Name:	masking_error.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	2319
  • CG-Guy
    3Dflover
    • Apr 2018

Regardless of the masking issue - the plant I took pics of turned out pretty damn good

Click image for larger version

Name:	Strange_Plant_3D_Flow_01.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	2322Click image for larger version

Name:	Strange_Plant_3D_Flow_04.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	2323Click image for larger version

Name:	Strange_Plant_3D_Flow_02.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	2324Click image for larger version

Name:	Strange_Plant_3D_Flow_03.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	2325

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

Hi Cg-guy,

unfortunately this is something that may happen from time to time. It's like having a short blanket, either you keep your feet warm or your neck, the same it is for masquerade when detecting those types. For the time being there is no fix except fixing them manually. Which is why i usually take a few more photos than i should, so i can have less information in the mask and have other images bring information.

Regardless, thank you for your report!

The model looks really nice!

Comment

• CG-Guy
        3Dflover
        • Apr 2018

The results are turning out fantastic so I guess I can live with that or do manual edit in photoshop with the stubborn ones

thanks

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

You can also use the lasso tool in masquerade to quick fix those. You can combine masks from the automatic stroke with the manual strokes. First simply do the automatic red/blue automatic silhouetting as you do, then you can add/remove parts of the mask with the other tools, so there is no need to go via photoshop unless you want to

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎