• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam3d
    3Dflourished
    • Feb 2018

Gopro RAW images flipped on import

Hi

I have a problem with RAW images from a Gopro being flipped horizontally (left to right) on import to Zephyr. Consequently the Pointcloud/mesh etc is also mirrored.

The images were converted using AdobeDNG converter before import and appear correct when viewed in Photoshop etc.

Do you have any ideas?

[Zephyr 3.702 (Steam) with W10 + Gopro Hero 6]
  • sam3d
    3Dflourished
    • Feb 2018

Hey Andrea/Roberto do you have any thoughts about why i'm getting this issue with RAW gopro images?

Thanks

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

Hi Sam,

sorry for not replying earlier, I didn't notice your thread.

Most likely it's the converter tool that is not creating correct images. Always be careful when pre-processing data.

Which filetype are you feeding? If they are tiff/raw, try checking "read tiff file in full" in the application options. This is slower and unfortunately some software writes data to tiff/raw files at the end of the file rather than its header.

Comment

• sam3d
        3Dflourished
        • Feb 2018

No problem Andrea.

I'm using the AdobeDNG converter with default settings to make the RAW files readable.

I have enabled the read tiff in full option but it doesn't seem to have helped?

As a side issue, is there a way to delete a camera calibration? I just created one but there is a lot of glare in the images.

Thanks

Sam

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Hi Sam,

then it's probably an issue in how the converter saves the file. If you can send me the raw file and the converted one i can double check. Many raw formats of cameras are simply tiff renamed, so it's why i hoped it would work, but apparently this is not the case.

Once you calibrate your camera, you save the calibration on your hard drive - it is not automatically applied in next runs unless you specifically load it in the camera calibration page in the wizard (we'll have a camera calibration manager in the upcoming Avocado release). I'm not sure if i've answered your question.

Comment

• sam3d
            3Dflourished
            • Feb 2018

Hi Andrea

I'll PM you a link to a small set of test images and project file [they're not great but hopefully demonstrate the issue].

The problem for me is apparent in the camera navigator once the sparse cloud has been created - viewing an image shows the mirror of the original.

All good with the camera calibration - I had saved an xml but there was a lot of glare on the screen so wanted to make sure it wasn't used.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
              3Dflow Staff
              • Oct 2013

Thank you, i'm downloading the images and I'll take a look at them as soon as possible (hopefully tomorrow)

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

Hi,

i checked and i confirm that both in 3.702 and in our development branch the issue is confirmed for DNG. We'll have to investigate further as it looks like it's a pretty common issue with that filetype. For the moment, you'll have to convert your images to a different format.

Thank you for reporting the issue!

Comment

Working...