Remote Shooting Plugin . Supported Camera List and any Pre-required software?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveR
    3Dflower
    • May 2018

Remote Shooting Plugin . Supported Camera List and any Pre-required software?

Does the Remote Shooting PlugIn work with ANY Canon DSLR? or is it limited to models that support LiveView.

Is there any Canon software that should be installed first?

Does it function with the Free version or only paid for versions.

Thanks for any help.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hello Steve,

the plugin *should* work with any Canon DSLR. The Free and Lite version have a limit on the maximum USB connected devices.

If you have any issue with your Canon DSLR, we'd appreciate if you could tell us the model

thanks!

Comment

• SteveR
      3Dflower
      • May 2018

Hi Andrea

I have a Canon 40D, that is seen by the Plugin [see clipboard 01]

but will not take a shot the log shows that it has found the camera but fails to take a picture

[14:54:06] Canon EOS 40D (ID: 1) ready for acquisition

[14:55:31] SysInfo | Cpu: 10.85 %; Disk (C/T): 90884/121751 MB (30867 MB free, 74.65 % used); Memory (C/T): 183/8109 MB (3044 MB free, 2.26 % used)

[14:56:07] could not take picture from Camera ID 1 - check if the camera unexpectedly turned off.

The camera is set to Never shut down.

If I use the trigger button on the camera to take a picture , the plugin will recognise a new photo has been taken but will not upload it I get another message

[15:11:31] SysInfo | Cpu: 8.36 %; Disk (C/T): 90870/121751 MB (30881 MB free, 74.64 % used); Memory (C/T): 183/8109 MB (3054 MB free, 2.26 % used)
      [15:12:27] could not take picture from Camera ID 1 - check if the camera unexpectedly turned off.

[15:12:51] New image from Cam ID 1(Canon EOS 40D)

[15:12:51] Error copying file from camera

[15:12:57] could not take picture from Camera ID 1 - check if the camera unexpectedly turned off.

[15:13:19] New image from Cam ID 1(Canon EOS 40D)

[15:13:19] Error copying file from camera

[15:13:26] New image from Cam ID 1(Canon EOS 40D)

[15:13:26] Error copying file from camera

[15:13:31] SysInfo | Cpu: 7.91 %; Disk (C/T): 90872/121751 MB (30879 MB free, 74.64 % used); Memory (C/T): 183/8109 MB (3068 MB free, 2.26 % used)

I'm running a Windows 7 64Bit system .

Any help would be appreciated

Regards Steve

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Steve,

is the SD card in the camera ? If not, please try adding an SD card. If instead the card is already in, please backup all your data and try formatting it.

If the problem is not resolved, try plugging the camera as turned off. Turn it on and then start Zephyr. I remember i had similar issues on an older Windows 7 System and apparently the order in which the camera was turned on/plugged in was causing some issues.

Sorry for being a little vague.

Comment

• SteveR
          3Dflower
          • May 2018

Hi
          A bit more info. from this afternoon

There is no change in the behaviour of 3D Zephry DSLR plugin I still get the same errors from the plugin after trying your suggestion.

I have also now installed the Canon EOS Utility 2, Version 2.14.20.0 to test conectivity and camera functions.

The utility controls the camera and downloads the images automatically without an issue.

I borrowed a 350D camera to try

....its behaviour and conectvity with the programs is worse than the 40D .

It is seen by the plugin but no data is displayed [Aperture, ISO ect] and there is no control. The EOS utility does not support it.

Windows 7 is able to download images from the CF card [with the camera connection set to Print /PTP and NOT PC connection]

I did read that Canon's SDK 's often loose support for older models as new models are released , are you using Canon's SDK for building the plugin? If so can you indicate what version it is built with? There maybe a Camera support list from other applications created with the SDK !

Thanks

Steve

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Yes, we use the Canon SDK. To be honest, we haven't updated the plugin in a while, it's an older late 2016 release.

We may update it but it's not in our priority list at the moment. Canon 40D is actually quite old, so i don't think an SDK would fix your issue.

Any chance you could try on another OS ? Sorry for not being more helpful

Comment

• SteveR
              3Dflower
              • May 2018

I have done some more testing of the 3D Zephyr DSLR plugin using a Windows 7 PC and a Windows 10 laptop with a variety of Canon DSLR cameras

350D Recognized but no control or download
              40D Recognized but no control or download
              500D Recognized but no control or download
              50D Recognized but no control or download

For the above 3D Zephyr displayed the same error messages as above in post #3

A bit more progress was with a 600D

600D Recognized and triggered & download the images.

The camera would only fire using the "Take Shot" icon, the "Take Picture on all cameras" bar had no effect

The Canon EOS Utility 2.14 had full control and download of images with the following cameras

40D
              50D
              500D
              600D

Andrea .. What camera's have you tested with ?

Thanks

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

Hi Steve,

thank you for your feedback!

Unfortunately our list is much smaller. The plugin has been tested with canon 1000D (Rebel XT), 1100D, 1300D and i think a 5D (this one not directly by us)

To be fair, it's been quite a while since we have updated it. I'll add to the task list to download the latest canon SDK and update our plugin accordingly.

As for the "take picture on all cameras" i remember i had a similar issue unless i had powered the cameras after i had them connected to the pc USB. Not sure if this helps.

I was to send you a development package and you still have access to those models, would you be so kind to try and test it out with those models?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎