• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Furkan
    3Dfollower
    • May 2018

Choosing the right pictures for photogrmmetry

Hello Forum,

I took some photos of an owl which was carved from wood today. I reconstructed the photos with 3DF Zephyr and received a bad result unfortunately. I attached the result down below... The images was taken with the following parameters:

F36
    ISO 100
    Exposure time 1/10

What is the reason of this mistake?
    Can somebody give me an answer.
    Is maybe the surface of the subject to shiny?

Here is also the link to those images I have taken for this project:

I would be happy to get an answer from you.

Best regards...

Attached Files
  • CG-Guy
    3Dflover
    • Apr 2018

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

Hi Furkan,

As CG-Guy pointed out, if you move the subject you must then mask the background, otherwise zephyr will be confused (do you want to reconstruct the table or the object? Zephyr can't know that).

You need to mask images in this case https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGRw8LbXknU

In this case, i also suggest you click the "turntable" mode so that masquerade automatically masks the images for you after the first one.

As for the images, they are not super-sharp but they are good enough Did you use a remote to shoot pictures? When using longer exposure times, your finger pressing the button may create micromovements. I'm not sure this is the case, but it may be.

Here is the result with the images automatically masked by masquerade (make a red stroke on the subject, a couple of blue strokes on the left/right side of the image, click "turntable mode", then use the automatic computation from tools) with close range/default settings. You can quickly understand if your cameras were placed correctly by clicking on a camera in your workspace. It's always a good idea to quickly check them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	359.2 KB
ID:	2486https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...-masking-tool/ ).

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

I forgot to link the full project (zep file and masks) for download, whoops! There it is: https://shared.3dflow.net/index.php/s/HQSfm0LbsS8wuzv

Comment

• Furkan
          3Dfollower
          • May 2018

Hello all,

thank you for this fast and helpfull answers.

I reconstructed the subject with masking again (following due to the tutorial you have suggested).

I do not know the reason but it did not work again

Look at the result attached...

I am in despair.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Hi Furkan,

from the screenshot it looks like the object was not masked.

Maybe you simply forgot to check "Use masks" in the wizard ? If you want to send me the zep and the .bim files i can be more specific.

Comment

Working...