• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Furkan
    3Dfollower
    • May 2018

Matching two projects & Measuring

Hello Forum,

I have to questions concerning the software 3DF Zephyr.

1) Is it possible to put two different projects together in one new project? For example a subject which has a top and a bottom side... Can I take photos from the bottom side in one project and from the top side in another project so i can match them in a new project together? Is this possible?

2) Is it possible to measure distances of some subject I want to measure? Is it for example possible to measure the diameter of the subject I attached down below?

I would be happy for a quick answer.
    Best regards...
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Furkan,

Yes, both things are possible, but the control points/measurements and merge with control points features are included only in the PRO - AERIAL versions of Zephyr.
    You can have look at these tutorials that covers both questions:
    Learn about control points and control distances in 3DF Zephyr. Bundle adjustment and rescaling the world are also discussed in this brief videotutorial.Plea...

Second part of the control points videotutorial: learn to merge two workspace in zephyr as well do other control-points driven operations in 3DF Zephyr.Join ...

For measuring, you can also use a third party software to scale the model and make measurements. Please note that the reconstruction in Zephyr is always up to an unknown scale factor and you need at least one known distance or some control points to scale the model metrically before doing measurements.

Comment

Working...