Camera view and Is it possible to run 2 instances side-by-side?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiNo
    3Dflourished
    • Feb 2018

Camera view and Is it possible to run 2 instances side-by-side?

Hi, I am currently running the free version of Zephyr, and it is great. I do intend to purchase the Lite version, but before I do, I want to try to understand the limits and abilities of the software. One of the actions that I am trying to replicate is adding additional photos to the modeled environment and it is working well, but the workflow is a bit clunky - i.e. look at additional photo "a", find other photos that are close, then find those photos in the Zephyr model and then run the alignment / matching process.

Is it possible to:
    1. Click on the camera icon in the model to see the view from that camera or a flat box around the elements of the model that are included in that view or see which photo that camera refers to (I know that I can click on the image in the camera navigator panel once I know which photo I wish to see, but then it is not possible to see the location of the camera icon so I can't see if it is close to the location that the new photo was taken from)?
    2. Run two instances of the Zephyr application on a single PC (not to run any of the complex modelling elements, just to view two models side-by-side on different monitors)? I'm hoping that this might simplify knowing which photos are good (and close to existing modelled points) so that I can then look to add them / grow the primary model.

Thanks in advance,

Noel.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Noel,

1. you can double click the camera in the 3D view and it will overlay to it. Also consider you can rescale the camera size in the 3D view (from the tool option) which sometimes helps in haveing a broad view of the camera placement. Also, note that if you select points with the rubberband/lasso, the camera navigator on the bottom side of the screen will automatically show you only the cameras that see the selected points.

2. yes you can run multiple instances on the same pc

Comment

• LiNo
      3Dflourished
      • Feb 2018

Thank you Andrea. The multiple instances is working fine.

In relation to the camera element, can you give me a little bit more info on the two pieces that you mentioned (I can't find a camera rescale option in the tools menu, and I can't find any rubberband / lasso selector, and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the manual)?

Thanks again,

Noel.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Noel,

you need to change this slider to resize cameras

Click image for larger version

Name:	camera_rescale.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	2586
        You can quickly overlay yourselft on any camera in 3D space by double clicking it

Name:	selecton1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	2587

Note how the camera navigator (bottom) selection shows the cameras seen only by the selected points

Name:	selecton2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	2588

Hope this helps! (and that i understood correctly that this is what you needed, if not let me know )

Comment

• LiNo
          3Dflourished
          • Feb 2018

Thanks Andrea. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,

Noel.

Comment

• LiNo
            3Dflourished
            • Feb 2018

Hi Andrea, Could I ask a follow up on this please? The technique for limiting the photos in the camera navigator no longer seems to work (when an area is selected, all of the cameras continue to show). This did work when you told me about it, but I first noticed that it was not working approximately 1 month ago (and still on v3.7). I upgraded to v4.002, but it still shows all of the photos in the navigator. Has anything changed / should I be using this technique differently now?

Regards,

Noel.

Comment

• Roberto
              3Dflow
              • Jun 2011

Hi LiNo,

I made a quick test, and the selection of cameras seems to be working fine. What object are you selecting? Can you please try to pick only a tiny portion (just a few points) of the sparse point cloud or the dense point cloud or the mesh? Please note that the the subselection of cameras doesn't work on textured mesh objects as there's not visibility information saved in the textured mesh.

Comment

• LiNo
                3Dflourished
                • Feb 2018

Thank you Roberto. That was the problem (I had been trying to use it on the textured mesh). Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Lino.

Comment

Working...