• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Furkan
    3Dfollower
    • May 2018

Exporting the data

Hello Forum,

how can I import my zephyr datas to another software (e.g. blender) to measure for example the distances.

With the free version I only can upload my work on sketchfab but cannot integrate my project to other softwares.

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Furkan,

simply select a different export format (Ply, Obj or GLB) and then import it in blender. I suggest you use OBJ.

Please note that zephyr free can only export the textured mesh, while all other zephyr versions (lite, pro, aerial) can also export anything else (sparse point cloud, cameras, dense point cloud, mesh, etc)

Comment

• Karlsc
      3Dflourished
      • Jan 2018

Hi Andrea. when I export in .OBJ and import the object into Unity3D, all the surface textures are gone. So I end up with a properly meshed object, but no color. (3dFLite)

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Karlsc,

are you running the latest version (3.702)? There was a bug in 3.700 if i recall correctly where it would save absolute paths rather than relative paths. Check the .mtl file in notepad and see if this is the case.

If you are running the latest version, any chance you can share the dataset so i can double check?

Comment

• Furkan
          3Dfollower
          • May 2018

Hello Andrea,

by the way:

Is the exportation in format .stl also possible?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Hello Furkan,

yes, from the export mesh menu (Lite,Pro,Aerial)

if you are using zephyr free, you need to use another software (i.e. meshlab) to convert the textured mesh to stl

Comment

• Karlsc
              3Dflourished
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi
              Hi Karlsc,

are you running the latest version (3.702)? There was a bug in 3.700 if i recall correctly where it would save absolute paths rather than relative paths. Check the .mtl file in notepad and see if this is the case.

If you are running the latest version, any chance you can share the dataset so i can double check?
              well the version I currently have is 3.702... but I did the export about a month ago, so its possible it was the previous version. I will re-export and see what I get and let you know

Comment

• Karlsc
                3Dflourished
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Karlsc

well the version I currently have is 3.702... but I did the export about a month ago, so its possible it was the previous version. I will re-export and see what I get and let you know
                So I tried with the latest version and I still could not get the OBJ to import correctly, though it may be pilot error on my part with Unity

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                  3Dflow Staff
                  • Oct 2013

Hi Karlsc,

that's odd. I can confirm you can easily import OBJ files in Unity3D. Please note that in order to assign custom shaders, you need to select the animation tab for each asset and click "extract textures" and "extract materials" in the Unity3D editor.

If you want to share with me the exported model i can double check for you

Comment

• Karlsc
                    3Dflourished
                    • Jan 2018

That may be the step I'm missing because that's nowhere to be found in the Unity Editor guide

Comment

• Václav Müller
                      Blossoming 3Dflower
                      • May 2022

What about cameras?
                      It would be useful if I could export the whole scene with cameras to Blender.
                      Blender allows you to set a reference image for each camera.

Comment

• cam3d
                        3Dflover
                        • Sep 2017

- Welcome to the forum! You can export 'Cameras and Points' using the full version of 3D Zephyr through the export menu:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	8155

Comment

• Monestié
                          3Dflower
                          • Jul 2022

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                            3Dflow Staff
                            • Oct 2013

Hi,

the lite version allows only mesh and textured mesh export. You will have to convert your mesh to a dense cloud, or use the full version.

Comment

Working...