X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karlsc
    3Dflourished
    • Jan 2018

Adding Photos

So I've got a partially created 3D model. Its of a bronze sculpture. the images were extracted from a 4k video file and then curated for overlap and sharpness. the problem is that when i run the image import step, it rejects the overlap of a large number of the cameras. So then by inspecting the virtual cameras created, I find one of the edge images, sort through the curated frame set and find the image closest to it and try to add that one to the image set.

Yet even though to my eye I see a lot of distinct areas of overlap (feature coincidence) the algorithm rejects it as not having enough matching features.
    in the addition step I dont get any control over how deep or fast etc to do the matching. What can I do to improve the controls on this?
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Karlsc,

the add photos feature will use the same settings you used in the SfM phase, so unfortunately if zephyr rejects the images there isn't much you can do as you can not change the settings (as you would with a new project).

If you can share the dataset with me i will happily have a look at it and see if there is something you can do.

Comment

• Karlsc
      3Dflourished
      • Jan 2018

sorry I missed your response. I'll upload the image set next week

Comment

Working...