What is the procedure to get from Zephyr to ZBrush?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • treddie
    3Dflower
    • Jun 2018

What is the procedure to get from Zephyr to ZBrush?

Hello.

I am going through the typical software learning curve here for Zephyr and ZBrush. I can get a fairly good model out of Zephyr, but when I take it into ZBrush, the app simply hangs when trying to Dynamesh, Close Holes, etc. So basically, I cannot clean up the model in ZBrush, smooth it, or anything. I can import just the mesh into ZBrush and if I delete its UV map, the mesh can be manipulated just fine. But of course, with no UV map, the .png texture is then useless.

There must be a large group out there doing OBJ exports from Zephyr to ZBrush. Can anyone steer me to the proper method?

Many thanks!
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi treddie!

can you share a mesh where you have the issue with us? I am not aware of any zbrush issue with zephyr import.

If you are in a hurry, i suggest you try to run a retopology filter in zephyr and try again, but we'd appreciate if you could share the model with us so we can see if there is an issue on our side and fix it.

Comment

• treddie
      3Dflower
      • Jun 2018

Do you have a Dropbox account (or similar) I can upload to? The file and images is about 1Gb.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

sure! i will email you credential for our server at the email you have registered to the forum!

Comment

• treddie
          3Dflower
          • Jun 2018

Thanks! I uploaded the file and images last week.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Hi treddie,

you're right, my apologies. I remember replying to your email, i am now downloading the dataset and have a look at it today.

I'll get back to you asap.

Comment

Working...