• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam3d
    3Dflourished
    • Feb 2018

Texture map creation

Hi

I've created some scanned materials recently and wondered if there a way to produce texture maps of the scanned surface inside Zephyr?

Currently i export the 3D surface to render out a height map in order to create materials with accurate displacement, which works great but is time consuming to setup.

Example maps and scene attached - Sand material produced with iphone photos and zephyr.

Thanks

Sam
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Sam,

unfortunately creating displacement maps directly in zephyr from high poly -> low poly mesh is something that is not currently supported directly inside zephyr, but that is something we have in our wishlist and that we'll hopefully include soon.

Out of curiosity, which software do you use? I use xNormal, but we're always listening to feedback so that we can find (and streamline) this type of workflow for all our users, so if you have suggestions, please feel free to share

Comment

• sam3d
      3Dflourished
      • Feb 2018

Hi Andrea

This was just an experiment with sketchup/thea render to create the maps and bitmap2material to adjust and make seamless. The scene was then setup and rendered in SU.

What's your workflow to get to xNormal?

Adding texture mapping would surely be useful to a lot of peeps and a great selling point?!

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

i simply generate an high detailed mesh in zephyr, then decimate it. Simply run xnormal, so i then have the normal map applied to the lowpoly one.

i'm not a 3D artist, so there are probably better workflows

Comment

Working...