• Karlsc
    3Dflourished
    • Jan 2018

my concern is that I am NOT getting deterministic results

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

If you absolutely need 100% determinism, then you should use only CPU. Determinism is not guaranteed on GPU due to floating point approximation - this is expected and known, but if you're not convinced i'll happily forward you some tech detail on why that happens.

Comment

• Karlsc
        3Dflourished
        • Jan 2018

That's not necessary. unless it would help me with coming up with a minimum camera config for the rig. right now i'm at 6 cameras arranged 3 vertically spaced about 45cm apart with a plan divergence of about 10cm (intentional)

then I have two cameras at 45 degree angle to this about 30 cm fwd of the vertical plane... and aligned with the center of the vertical plane... then I have 1 camera shooting straight down about 1.5 meters above the main line of the cameras

that's my latest configuration see attached.. if I can get consistent results (if I need to add cameras please make suggestions) I would like to take you up on your offer to try Arial again fo see if importing the configuration in the wild works for me. Until I get funding I cannot justify the $2500 for a full license.

Comment

• Karlsc
          3Dflourished
          • Jan 2018

here are the images from the rig that are not working (upladed in sets of 3 because of size limits)

Comment

• Karlsc
            3Dflourished
            • Jan 2018

Comment

• Karlsc
              3Dflourished
              • Jan 2018

sorry having to go 1 by one due to size

Comment

• Karlsc
                3Dflourished
                • Jan 2018

and the last two are too big.. I will send by email (2.9 and 3.2 mb)

Comment

• Karlsc
                  3Dflourished
                  • Jan 2018

would it help if I first converted the JPGs to a full resolution format like TIFF?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                    3Dflow Staff
                    • Oct 2013

It really depends what your final requirements are. 6 cameras are a very low amount, but for certain scenarios it can be enough. In that case, you would however need pro/aerial so that you can import safely a known camera configuration rather than re-computing the first step each time.

I'll be happy to give you a free aerial when you're ready.

No, converting a JPG to TIFF will not help. If you have raw images and need HDR texture then yes, you can save as tiff. But if not, then you can safely use JPGs.

Comment

Working...