X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adrianstephens
    3Dflower
    • Jul 2018

Unable to find the default rendering font

I just installed the free/trial version of Zephyr, but it just gives me the error above in a dialog box and quits. I tried manually installing DefaultRenderingFont.ttf, which didn't help,.
    Any ideas on how to get it working?
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hello Adrian,

what system are you running zephyr on? Can you describe the behaviour with more details please?

Comment

• adrianstephens
      3Dflower
      • Jul 2018

I'm using Windows 10 pro. The behaviour is that when I try to run zephyr, I get your loading icon which displays 'initialising rendering', etc, but then a dialog box pops up saying that it is 'Unable to find the default rendering font'; and when I dismiss the dialog box the program exits.
      Though actually, I just rebooted, and instead I now get a 'fatal error while loading shaders', but at least it starts the app now!

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

My guess is that there may be some third party application (antivirus?) that may have prevented creation (or is preventing access) to said files.

I am not going to ask you to disable your antivirus, but i'd like to ask you if you have one, and which one is it, so that i can investigate and contact the antivirus company in order to double check.

Have you tried reinstalling zephyr?

Comment

• adrianstephens
          3Dflower
          • Jul 2018

I don't have any antivirus (I'm adamantly against them!), and I had tried re-installing before posting. This morning the font error is back - here's a grab of the dialog if it helps:
          Attached Files

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Hi Adrian,

that is really odd. Lets try to get to the bottom of this, so please bear with me.

First of all, what are you using? Are you using the Free version (3DF Zephyr Free) or the free trial for 3DF Zephyr Lite ? Or another trial?

regardless, please check the directory where you installed zephyr (e.g. C:\Program Files\3DF Zephyr Free )

You should see DefaultRenderingFont.ttf in that directory. If not, there is something odd about your configuration.

Please check and let me know.

Comment

• adrianstephens
              3Dflower
              • Jul 2018

I'm using the Free version, and I do see DefaultRenderingFont.ttf in the install directory (I tried manually installing it at one point to see if that would help - it didn't!)

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

Hi Adrian,

my guess at this point is that you have something interfering with Zephyr.

Does zephyr manage to write log files at all?

Comment

• adrianstephens
                  3Dflower
                  • Jul 2018

It does - I didn't think to check!
                  I have attached the log, and also a crash dump I renamed to circumvent this site's rules on what can be uploaded.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                    3Dflow Staff
                    • Oct 2013

thank you for sharing them. Unfortunately, it fails as it cannot find certain needed files. If they are indeed present on the hard drive, then my guess is that you have some access permissions issues or a third party software interfering.

Is it a dell by chance? there is a known issues with the backup and recovery dell utility https://www.3dflow.net/zephyr-crash-...own-issue-fix/

Can you try to follow this checklist, as troubleshooting? https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...touput-errors/

Comment

• Hotknife
                      Blossoming 3Dflower
                      • Jul 2018

Hi - say problem here just after installing - re-installed with admin right - no joy.
                      Windows 10.

Comment

• Roberto
                        3Dflow
                        • Jun 2011

Hi Hotknife,
                        Sorry about the issue. We tried to replicate the problem on our system, but we were unable to.

Do you see the "material" subfolder and the "DefaultRenderingFont.ttf" file in the installation folder?
                        What is the installation folder? C:\Program Files\3DF Zephyr Free?
                        There might be some conflicting software that prevents Zephyr from functioning correctly (there are known issue with Dell Backup and Recovery and Lavasoft Adware)

Comment

• AJStubbsy
                          Blossoming 3Dflower
                          • Aug 2018

Has this been resolved? I'm having the exact same problem. W10 Pro Evaluation Copy (could this be the problem?), Surface Pro 4, declined the default viewer for 3D models (just in case that could have anything to do with it). I can find the Materials folder and I do have the default rendering font, which I've also installed manually. The 3DF Masquerade app worked fine (and was excellent by the way!) but I still can't open the main software without this error message. Any ideas?

Comment

• Roberto
                            3Dflow
                            • Jun 2011

Thank you for sharing the additional info!
                            Having had a look further, we suspect it might also be a GPU driver issue. Can you please try to update your video card driver? Do you have an integrated Intel card? CAn you please try to update the drivers downloading them from the Intel website? Although It's not the best option to run Zephyr on a hybrid laptop, it should still be able to run it.

Comment

Working...