• Show
Clear All
  • zac6x9
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Aug 2018

manual matching

Hi
    I am sorry to be a noob.
    Is it possible to use photo pairs to generate feature matches by hand, click reference point on one photo then click on the other photo and so on until a decent number of matches is built.
    I have a few (7) very bad photos of an object I can see reference points and edges that could be linked to generate the basic geometry I need to start building a model.
    thanks very much
    zac
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Zac,

no problem, never be sorry, we have all been noob

Zephyr is an automatic modeling tool, but has some tools that can be used for driving the solution manually.
    It's not possible in Zephyr to do everything manually, but you can use control points in different ways to "drive" the solution. Please note that control points and constraints can be used only in the Pro and Aerial versions of Zephyr.

I suggest you have a look at our video tutorials on this:
    Learn about control points and control distances in 3DF Zephyr. Bundle adjustment and rescaling the world are also discussed in this brief videotutorial.Plea...

Second part of the control points videotutorial: learn to merge two workspace in zephyr as well do other control-points driven operations in 3DF Zephyr.Join ...

If you have a "bad" solution, you can add control points to adjust it.
    If you have disconnected clusters part, you can use control points to merge clusters or add photos manually. Please note that you always need a reconstructed cluster of at least three cameras to do this.

Comment

Working...