Free version // Finalizing point cloud "freeze" ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dooz
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Sep 2018

Free version // Finalizing point cloud "freeze" ?

Hello! Hello!

I've been experimenting with Zephyr since this morning and I think I have a problem.
    I use the free version, and I try to reconstitute a figurine to test from 49 photos.
    Everything goes well but the same task has been "blocked" for 2 hours and nothing moves as you can see on the picture (the software didn't crash, the computer didn't crash either), it's as if he had taken a break...
    The CPU is at about 30% load since 2h, there is plenty of RAM left...
    I'm not sure if I should wait any longer... or stop!

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Dooz,

without having a look at the full log it's hard to tell, but generally when it feels like zephyr hit a slowdown is because it switched from GPU to CPU computation (as it had not enough video memory to complete the processing).

If you can post the full log I can be more specific, but given enough time it will end. If it's just 48 images however, it's very unlikely you didn't have enough GPU ram, so i guess either you don't have an NVIDIA card altogheter and/or your pc specs are low ? If so, unfortunately, zephyr benefits a lot from an NVIDIA card, running only in CPU is unfortunately very slow.

Comment

Working...