3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

3DF Zephyr v. 1.030

New version is out!

here's the full changelog:

+ Multiple GPU support
    + Multiple instances of Zephyr can now be opened at the same time
    + Improved Fast Match algorithm during Structure and Motion phase
    + Improved ANN routines (used in many parts)
    + Improved hole filling during orthophoto generation
    + Fixed a bug that caused the screen go black in rare cases after the reconstruction.
    + Added .3DK importing (3Dflow SDK format)
    + Qt 5 Libraries update
    + Visual studio 2013 compiler update
    + Recent list now contains also recent saved items
    + Many minor gui fixes
    + Fixed a display bug in recent saved items list
    + Fixed a bug during surface generation (minimum vertices generation ignored)
    + Fixed a memory leak during the multiview stereo phase occuring in some rare circumstances
    + Close range presets changed (improved accuracy)
    + Added sharp features preset for Aerial applications
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Comment

• kaarle_k
      Blossoming 3Dflower
      • Oct 2014

Hi,

We need to scan a still 3D model from a moving actor. Like a person on a swing or knocked out boxer.
      We would have as many syncked photo cameras available, would it be possible to use 3DF Zephyr for generating such a model?

Textures are not important.

with reagards

Kaarle

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        Andrea Alessi commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Kaarle,

yes it's possible, as long as the cameras are correctly synced!

If you already have some sample dataset i will gladly have a look at it for you

best regards,

Andrea
    • Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

Hello Kaarle,

yes it's possible, as long as the cameras are correctly synced!

If you already have some sample dataset i will gladly have a look at it for you

best regards,

Andrea

Comment

• clewis
        3Dflower
        • Dec 2013

I use 3DFSamantha1.70 (x64) for 3D restruction, the output.m is created, but how can I see the dendrogram?
        First I apologize for my poor knowledge of Matlab, this is my way:
        Z=linkage(clusterinfo);
        dendrogram(Z,0)
        I have tried for several datasets, but there is a problem: the dendrogram has 1 less image than the data sets. For example, HerzjuseP25 have 25 images, and in the output.m file:
        clusterinfo = [ 8, 9, 0.000165; 7, 8, 0.000198; 7, 20, 0.000160; 7, 19, 0.000138; 6, 7, 0.000138; 6, 18, 0.000126; 5, 6, 0.000152; 4, 5, 0.000158; 4, 17, 0.000141; 4, 16, 0.000161; 4, 21, 0.000160; 4, 10, 0.000153; 4, 22, 0.000148; 4, 11, 0.000175; 4, 23, 0.000173; 4, 12, 0.000178; 4, 24, 0.000210; 3, 4, 0.000218; 3, 13, 0.000221; 3, 25, 0.000228; 2, 3, 0.000239; 2, 15, 0.000212; 1, 2, 0.000270; 1, 14, 0.000436];
        I run "Z=linkage(clusterinfo);" and " dendrogram(Z,0)", the dendrogram has 24 leaves, why? is there anything wrong? what is the right way?
        Thanks and best regards!

Comment

• Roberto
          Roberto commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello,

the clusterinfo structure already contains the merge steps of the samantha linkage process (24 merge steps = 25 leaves). You don't need to run linkage on clusterinfo, just use dendrogram function directly with clusterinfo as parameter.

Best,
          Roberto

• clewis
          clewis commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Roberto, but if I use "dendrogram(clusterinfo,0)",the figure is very irregular,is there any method to make the figure looks more clearly, like the pattern of the paper "improving the efficiency of Hieranchical structure and motion"(figure 2)?
          Best,
          Lujun

• Roberto
          Roberto commented
          Editing a comment
          You can try to increase the LinkageMinSearchRange parameter from the settings.ini file. However be careful as high values may decrease the reconstruction quality itself and it's deprecated.
      • Roberto
        3Dflow
        • Jun 2011

Hello,

the clusterinfo structure already contains the merge steps of the samantha linkage process (24 merge steps = 25 leaves). You don't need to run linkage on clusterinfo, just use dendrogram function directly with clusterinfo as parameter.

Best,
        Roberto

Comment

• clewis
          3Dflower
          • Dec 2013

Thanks Roberto, but if I use "dendrogram(clusterinfo,0)",the figure is very irregular,is there any method to make the figure looks more clearly, like the pattern of the paper "improving the efficiency of Hieranchical structure and motion"(figure 2)?
          Best,
          Lujun

Comment

• Roberto
            3Dflow
            • Jun 2011

You can try to increase the LinkageMinSearchRange parameter from the settings.ini file. However be careful as high values may decrease the reconstruction quality itself and it's deprecated.

Comment

• Andreas Schwarz
              Blossoming 3Dflower
              • Feb 2015

I'm using 3D Lapyx to calibrate my camera. If i print the checkerboard the result is a rather big checkerboard with 4x6 fields scaled to an DIN-A4-page. Can I use a smaller checkerboard with different amount of fields for the calibration process or do i have to stick with the default one?

Comment

• ddd309
                ddd309 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have the same problem. Can I use a different checkerboard with different dimensions?

• Roberto
                Roberto commented
                Editing a comment
                Hello,

lapyx can accept in input any kind of checkerboard as you can manually specify the number of rows and column. However, if you want to use a larger one you have to compose it and print it by your own instead of using the lapyx printing function. Please remember the internal square cannot have varying dimension. Alternatively you can also use the monitor to display the checkerboard.
            • ddd309
              Blossoming 3Dflower
              • Feb 2015

I have the same problem. Can I use a different checkerboard with different dimensions?

Comment

• Roberto
                3Dflow
                • Jun 2011

Hello,

lapyx can accept in input any kind of checkerboard as you can manually specify the number of rows and column. However, if you want to use a larger one you have to compose it and print it by your own instead of using the lapyx printing function. Please remember the internal square cannot have varying dimension. Alternatively you can also use the monitor to display the checkerboard.

Comment

• 3d print files
                  Blossoming 3Dflower
                  • Apr 2018

Of course, it is possible to manually enter the values you want as a measure of your board. I love everything related to 3d design, it's something that I'm passionate about and I've been working on it for a long time.

Comment

• Roberto
                    3Dflow
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by 3d print files
                    Of course, it is possible to manually enter the values you want as a measure of your board. I love everything related to 3d design, it's something that I'm passionate about and I've been working on it for a long time.
                    I'm fascinated by these new bots

Comment

• Nedo
                      3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
                      • Nov 2016

AI is getting better

Comment

Working...