X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razron
    3Dflower
    • Sep 2018

Using 3d laser scan as base

Hello. Is it possible to use an existing 3d model for photogrammetry process?
    I 3d scan buildings using a laser scanner Artec Ray. Unfortunately it doesn't capture the textures. I've tried to make a 3d scan, then a set of photos, create a textured model in Zephyr and then bake textures to me 3d scan, but there I have problems. Photogrammetry doesn;t give the perfect shape so I cannot align two models perfectly and suffering from texture artifacts. And I need accurate measured 3d model with good textures. If it weren't buildings but for example a chair I will be able to use handheld 3d scanners as they capture textures. But It's impossible to capture the whole building using a device with tiny FOV. SO I came up with the idea what if I could use my 3d scan as a base for photogrammetry to proceed photos to a 3d model, which will probably give me more accurate alighn of my textures.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Razron,

absolutetly, what you need is zephyr pro/aerial. Use the laser scan as reference, and the register the two point clouds using the ICP algorithm (or control poitnts). You can then use the laser scan dense cloud as base for the geometry while using the images to generate colors (for point clouds/meshes) or a texture for textured mesh.

You can see an example of this workflow here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8C9HEsVEso

Comment

• Razron
      3Dflower
      • Sep 2018

That's really good news! Thank's very much.

Comment

Working...