X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CG-Guy
    3Dflover
    • Apr 2018

Outputting 16K Map Problem

I'm setting it up to create a single 16k Map from the meshes in settings for a textured mesh. However when I export the textured mesh it's merely 8k. I see there is a scale to 16k setting, but is it scaling the 8k to get 16k? I thought it was taking the high resolution images and creating an actual 16k map not scaling up the 8k which just looks blurry.

or am I missing a setting?
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi CG-Guy

- It may simply be that there is not 16k worth of unique data to map out on the texture map - The resolution you choose in the textured mesh options is the 'maximum texture' Zephyr will attempt to generate. If there's not enough data there's no point in having a 16k map - It would just be inefficient.

Comment

• CG-Guy
      3Dflover
      • Apr 2018

ok I figured since I was trying to output 1 map by increasing the size to 16k would result in more details since the UV useage on the output meshes aren't ideal. Then I was going to transfer the 16k map to a 4k map that is on my lower UVd model this increasing the detail if you get me than if I had used an 8k map with poor uv useage on the 3dflow output uvs

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

I understand the logic! And yes, this would make sense for some data sets, though it would appear in this particular case 8k (or around about that mark) is the highest resolvable resolution (despite any uv mapping inefficiency) - You've got the right idea but the data simply isn't there to resolve a higher resolution! - At least I think this is the case - Andrea what are your thoughts?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Nothing much to add, i think you're spot on

Comment

• CG-Guy
            3Dflover
            • Apr 2018

It was this pumpkin I created yesterday

From 3d flow to AR on phone was only few hours - it turned out pretty cool. Working on carved version right now ( carved it in 3ds max then transferred the diffuse and baked normals)

my pal is holding the real one

As far as carved version I want to add flickering light in unity and particle flame over candle add drop shadow and its done.

Comment

• cam3d
              3Dflover
              • Sep 2017

Man it's crazy to think that back at university I was still transferring videos from minidv tapes -- heh tapes. What a relic

Comment

• CG-Guy
                3Dflover
                • Apr 2018

Yeah I hear yah there I got into 3d using 3d studio release 3 in Dos back in 1994. We had demo tapes (vhs) and a fancy beta max copy transferring to a video cards ram that would allow playback record.

No uv unwrap just planar, cube, spherical, cylindrical until alias and softimage

Comment

Working...