• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nightingale
    3Dfollower
    • May 2018

About the quality of the photos

Hi everyone !

I am facing some issues with alignment. The rate of photos good for alignment is about 80%.
    I would like to know if my photos are OK or not.
    Here 2 samples.
    Thank you very much for expertise.

• Nightingale
    3Dfollower
    • May 2018

Hi,

I got a textured bust from 3DF Zephyr.
    I exported it to Maya - FBX).

Here are the results textured and not textured.

As we take a look at the textured mesh, we could think that result is good.
    As we take a look at the mesh, we see a lack of details.
    The question is : could we do it better ? For example with a better camera (DSLR, better focus, better resolution). I'm using Sony RX100 iv.
    What is the average resolution we could get ?

For Information, the details on the hair are about 2 mm wide and they are not visible.
    In this case, the normal map from HP to LP won't have a lot of details.

What can we do ?

Thanks.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

Hi nightingale,

shooting indoors is always a challenge. You would certainly get better results from better photos / better equipment.

Since the object is small, i would try moving it outside on an overcast day - natural light is easier on camera sensors and would probably result in a better model.

Hard to tell however if there are other issues without looking at thefull dataset.

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Hi Nightingale - Following up from Andrea, I too would recommend shooting outdoors on an overcast (but bright) day - If you need to shoot indoors it can very expensive very quickly (I run a small 3D scanning studio) - You need lights, a decent camera, a turntable along with other bits and pieces.

So to answer your question directly - Yes you can do better - you can always do better! It just gets harder and harder to get better results. - Your camera is decent, ideally you'd have a DSLR which you can swap lenses on, but working with what you've got, you need to make sure you don't zoom in and out at all - Multiple focal lengths can lead to sub-standard 3D reconstructions.

Along with the data-set if you could provide us with some information about the camera settings that would be great and will show where your bottleneck/s are. - This information SHOULD be attached to the images, but there's a chance the metadata is missing.

2mm is totally achievable 1mm and even less is also achievable, but as I mentioned before, you need to work really hard to ensure all your setup and settings are ideal!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎