X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brian C Morris
    3Dflower
    • Jul 2015

Highlights(Whites) clipping showing on Photographs

Some of my camera images show a "Highlight Clipping" warning in Zephyr and this discoloration is destroying my textures.

I examined one of the problem images in Adobe Camera and noticed that the "Whites" were getting overexposed and causing the problem, so I adjusted the "Whites" slider to recover the detail, but Zephyr will only recognize this change if I save the file with a different name and re-import it. This does not seem practical with 50 images after I have already gotten to the texture creation stage

Is there a way to update the project images with this correction, or swap the images with the new images?

The imported format is tif. (Zephyr could not read the "fff" camera raw format)

See the uploaded screen shot to see the problem.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B17gZBc8gkrUMkx1RVdkTlA4RzA/view?usp=sharing

Brian
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hello Brian,

if you overwrite the original images with the new ones (keeping the original filenames), zephyr will use the ones for any subsequent processing phase (including texturing).
    However, since the thumbnails are generated at the beginning of the processing and stored inside the .zep file, you will continue to see the color problem on the photo navigator and the camera properties.
    Please let me know if this solve the problem for the texture generation.
    Also, I'll be glad to have a look at the .tiff images causing problems to see if we can fix the clamping problem before the next release. I just need one tiff file to make some tests (my email is roberto.toldo at 3dflow.net ).

Thanks,
    Roberto

Comment

• Brian C Morris
      3Dflower
      • Jul 2015

I'm not sure how to overwrite the original images. It seems Zephyr wants to realign the photos and rebuild the Sparse reconstruction when I tried it the other day, Sorry I can't take a look at the moment so maybe I missed something, but is there a way to overwrite the photos in the project without going through a new reconstruction, or do you mean overwrite the photos on the hard drive?\
      Brian

Comment

• Roberto
        3Dflow
        • Jun 2011

Yes, I was suggesting to overwrite the photos on the hard drive and re-open the zep file. This is just a workaround as there's no way to change the photos from inside zephyr without running the Structure from Motion phase again.

Comment

• Brian C Morris
          3Dflower
          • Jul 2015

Is the CUDA computation limited to one CUDA Card, or one GPU on a Card.
          For instance I'm evaluated the Pro version at the moment and with my single Quadro card Zephyr sees 4 GPUs, so if I was using the light version would it still use all 4 or would it only use 1?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            Andrea Alessi commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello Brian,

you are limited to one GPU in your case!

Could you please, just in case, tell me your Quadro model so that i may check that, in fact, you have 4 GPUs and zephyr is seeing it correctly?

cheers,

Andrea
        • Brian C Morris
          3Dflower
          • Jul 2015

OK got it,
          Thanks

Comment

• Brian C Morris
            3Dflower
            • Jul 2015

Do you offer an Educational version. The university's budget is very limited at the moment but I'm afraid that lack of "advanced settings' in the light version might be a problem.

Thanks,
            Brian

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
              Andrea Alessi commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello Brian,

our Educational version has the same feature as 3DF Zephyr Pro, however please note that it's not for sale: our education version is completely free for universities/schools that plan to use Zephyr *for teaching purposes only*: we generate a time-limited license (for teachers and students) that *must* be linked to a specific teaching course. If you're planning to use zephyr for teaching purposes (and not for reasearch, commercial use, etc) please let me know so that we may continue this discussion privately.

Universities might be eligible for discounted licenses of 3DF Zephyr Pro. When you're ready to discuss a purchase (basically when you know the number of licenses you need), let me know so that we can discuss this privately!

cheers!

Andrea
          • Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Hello Brian,

you are limited to one GPU in your case!

Could you please, just in case, tell me your Quadro model so that i may check that, in fact, you have 4 GPUs and zephyr is seeing it correctly?

cheers,

Andrea

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
              3Dflow Staff
              • Oct 2013

Hello Brian,

our Educational version has the same feature as 3DF Zephyr Pro, however please note that it's not for sale: our education version is completely free for universities/schools that plan to use Zephyr *for teaching purposes only*: we generate a time-limited license (for teachers and students) that *must* be linked to a specific teaching course. If you're planning to use zephyr for teaching purposes (and not for reasearch, commercial use, etc) please let me know so that we may continue this discussion privately.

Universities might be eligible for discounted licenses of 3DF Zephyr Pro. When you're ready to discuss a purchase (basically when you know the number of licenses you need), let me know so that we can discuss this privately!

cheers!

Andrea

Comment

• orion
                Blossoming 3Dflower
                • Aug 2015

Whenever I try to calibrate my camera and Lapyx tries to identify the corners of the checkerboard, Lapyx does not recognize the outer checkers.
                For instance, If I have a 6x8 checkerboard, Lapyx recognizes it as a 4x6 board.

How do I fix this? Could I alternatively 'cheat' and tell Lapyx that it is a 4x6 board, when it in fact isnt?

Comment

• Roberto
                  Roberto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello,
                  Lapyx always uses only the inner corners of the checkerboard for the computation. This is done on purpose as the crossing point of four squares can be detected with high accuracy. The outer corners are not used. Please let me know if I have understood your question correctly or if I can be of any further help.

• orion
                  orion commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dear Roberto,

Thank you very much for your reply.
                  I'm glad to hear that the program is functioning, however, I wonder if you can clarify something then.

If I have a 6x8 checkerboard, what do I tell the program? Do I tell it 6x8 or 4x6? (The chekcerboard 'picked up' by the program, ie. the checkerboard made out of the inner corners could like like a 4x6).

• Roberto
                  Roberto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you have a 6x8 checkerboard, you'll have to input 6 rows and 8 columns (or 8x6, it's the same). Lapyx should then detect 4 *6 = 24 corners for each image. If it doesn't detect 24 corner points for a given image(e.g. because one or more corner were not detected), the image will be discarded.
              • Roberto
                3Dflow
                • Jun 2011

Hello,
                Lapyx always uses only the inner corners of the checkerboard for the computation. This is done on purpose as the crossing point of four squares can be detected with high accuracy. The outer corners are not used. Please let me know if I have understood your question correctly or if I can be of any further help.

Comment

• orion
                  Blossoming 3Dflower
                  • Aug 2015

Dear Roberto,

Thank you very much for your reply.
                  I'm glad to hear that the program is functioning, however, I wonder if you can clarify something then.

If I have a 6x8 checkerboard, what do I tell the program? Do I tell it 6x8 or 4x6? (The chekcerboard 'picked up' by the program, ie. the checkerboard made out of the inner corners could like like a 4x6).

Comment

Working...