• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drooheller
    3Dflower
    • Sep 2018

Image/Texture Edges

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to extract the boundaries of each individual bitmap image in the 3d models. So in the scenario I used 100 images to construct a model, if there is a filter where I can see what portion of the model 1 image was used to create (kind of like photostitching a panoramic view).

Or is it the case that the texture map is only defined by the polygons/is always a single bitmap?

Thanks!

Drew
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi drooheller,

I think you are referring to UV mapping - the textures are wrapped to optimize coverage and texture space. You can however define your own custom UV map if you wish.

You can see our tutorial here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvXBzw2PVMU

Is this what you meant ?

Comment

• cam3d
      3Dflover
      • Sep 2017

Hi Drew -

If you want to get an idea of how a single image has projected onto the surface of a constructed 3D model, simply click on any image in the camera navigator and the viewport will align the image and the model.

The textures can be mapped by either vertex points, uv parameterization or both! UV maps can be multiple UV tiles, and processing multiple 4k maps is less processor intensive than a single larger map, both for map generation and real-time playback (assuming the viewer supports multi UV tiles.

Comment

Working...