X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CarlW
    3Dfollower
    • Dec 2018

Macro photogrammetry

I am new to photogrammetry and 3DF Zephyr. I was blown away by my first results. I stacked hundreds of photos to create 31 images for the software to process. The resolution was excellent. I would like to continue to improve the process by shooting higher magnification images. I am not sure if it is better to process lots of sections, and let another software program accurately join them or if 3DF zephyr can compile the different sections like a puzzle. I have heard the depth map information that is used to focus stack my images can also be used to develop 3D models. I would really like to learn more about the possibilities of this process if anyone can steer me in the right direction.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi Carl - welcome to photogrammetry!

Did you try putting the unstacked images into 3DF Zephyr? - As long as there is enough overlap between images, Zephyr will be able to align everything in one go!

Comment

• CarlW
      3Dfollower
      • Dec 2018

I will try that when my new magnification accessories arrive. I hope to get to at least 2x or more. The first shot was from a Pentax 100mm 1:1 lens.

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing the results.

Comment

Working...