X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AvionAvionics
    3Dflourished
    • Nov 2017

Personal Advancement

Hey guys, I have been lurking on these forums for quite a bit. At 1st it was just worked related and still is but I have also grown to greatly enjoy the process in a non-work related sense. So while I can't really post anything work-related. 1. Cause it is still WIP and 2. cause it is semi hush etc, I want to start capturing items that I enjoy personally and thus increase my own ability in photogrammetry/3df zephyr.
    Since i am a "poor starving artist" the following model was captured on a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and I was fortunate enough to snag Zephyr Lite before the sale ended.

The central target was the statue that holds up my mailbox. I am personally happy with how it came out. I discarded the mailbox itself due to several reasons. (1. I didn't capture as well as I should since it wasn't my focus. 2. The mailbox is super black and super reflective and I don't have the confidence that i can get it to come out correctly yet lol). Any advice/critique would be most certainly welcomed, again I am looking enjoy this process which means improving my capabilities as well.

If anyone wants to see more of the model I did upload it to Sketchfab as well.

My 3D asset generated with photogrammetry software 3DF Zephyr v4.302 processing 373 images. Really starting to expand my interest in photogrammetry so I decided to start with the statue that holds up my mailbox. Images where shot from a 3 minute video from a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. - Dragon Statue - 3D model by Azarin

Edit: Took Andrea advise and straightened up the model and reuploaded it to sketchfab.
    Last edited by AvionAvionics; 2019-01-08, 01:47 PM.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi AvionAvionics,

very cool statue!

Just a couple of notes:

- especially for sketchfab, consider straightening up your model ( takes only a few clicks using the specialized tools ) so that it gets exported in the correct orientation https://www.3dflow.net/forums/forum/...on-to-xy-plane

- as for the shiny, reflective surfaces, yes, those are hard easiest way is to simply dirty them somehow. Otherwise, consider using a projector!

Cheers and keep up the good job!

Comment

• AvionAvionics
      3Dflourished
      • Nov 2017

Andrea Alessi Thanks, I am definitely going to keep that in mind, thank you. Also, excuse my ignorance but by projector do you mean using one to display an image on the shiny/reflective surface to give it definition so Zephyr can pick it up?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

All questions are always welcome, no need to excuse for asking

Yep! You can see an example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E06kgYBftak at 4m20s. You'll need to take two shots from the same spot (so a tripod will be necessary) so you can take 2 images (projector off and projector on) and use the projector on images for the geometry reconstruction and the projector off images for texturing!

Comment

Working...