Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Victor Ramamoorthy
    3Dflourished
    • Jan 2019

When I looked into OBJ files saved after mesh is created, they all contain duplicate vertices. Here is the proof in the attached jpeg.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Victor Ramamoorthy
      When I looked into OBJ files saved after mesh is created, they all contain duplicate vertices. Here is the proof in the attached jpeg.
      Hi Victor,

please share the dataset with us, unfortunately we can't really help from a screenshot only

Comment

• Victor Ramamoorthy
        3Dflourished
        • Jan 2019

I am uploading the entire project with images tonight.

Comment

• Victor Ramamoorthy
          3Dflourished
          • Jan 2019

Here is the link to share my files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...5B?usp=sharing

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Hi Victor,

I see the confusion. There are duplicated vertices, but it is not due to the retopology filtering. The retopology filter will not create duplicated vertices out of nowhere.

If you check your dataset, you'll see that the original mesh also has some duplicated vertices too.

This is normal - sometimes we have to duplicate vertices that otherwise would cause the mesh to be non-manifold.

If you run the "remove duplicated vertices" filter in meshlab you can enable the visualizaton of non manifold vertices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	manifold.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	4396

Comment

• Victor Ramamoorthy
              3Dflourished
              • Jan 2019

Thanks Andrea. I have duplicate vertices in the original mesh too. I thought that it is because you have limited size dynamic vertex buffer and you keep updating it as you create triangles with correct normals. When you cannot find a specific vertex, you just include it for referencing the triangles. May be that I am wrong with assumption.

Comment

• cam3d
                3Dflover
                • Sep 2017

[EDIT - I keep forgetting that forum threads spill out over multiple pages.Ignore me - heh]
                Last edited by cam3d; 2019-02-11, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Working...