• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpjack
    3Dflower
    • Aug 2017

Help with this imageset

I can't get good results with this imageset (25MB) with any setting:

I have no metadata at all on the cameras, I just extracted some frames from this video:
    The landing of the Chang’e-4 lunar mission seen from the onboard camera. Chang’e-4 (嫦娥四号) lander and the rover Yutu-2 (玉兔二号, Jade Rabbit-2) landed in the Von...

I have masked the images to ignore the static parts but I can't get all the 48 images aligned; anyway the processing completes, but the final result is a terrain shaped as an "U" rather than a plane.
    I I select only last 24 images, which are all looking at same direction, all images are accepted, but the final terrain is far from being flat, as instead it should be almost be: it has instead a lot of "cones", "pyramids" and "corners" all around.

Can anybody help?
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi jumpjack!

the link doesn't work, however, i also tried to reconstruct it when the video came out

Unfortunately the last part of the movie is just the landing, so being just the camera getting towards the ground is not giving enough parallax. For the first part of the flight, you (kinda) can get a few points but also being a low res video (and masked, too!) doesn't help.

I hope they will release more footage from Chang-e4!

Comment

Working...