X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BradASchreiber
    3Dflower
    • Jan 2019

Texture Map

Hi, I'm giving 3D Zephy Free a spin, and its great so far! However, I have a mesh which I am happy with but I cannot extract a Texture Map. I have a textured Mesh, but I need an independent Texture Map. How do I create this? The Export Texture box is greyed out when I generate my textured mesh.
    Last edited by BradASchreiber; 2019-01-22, 12:23 AM.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi Brad,

If you look on the left-hand side of the screen under the project panel, do you have a textured mesh listed? If not, you still need to process that stage (It's independent from mesh creation - The colour you see on a mesh is vertex colour, textured mesh adds a UV mapped texture file to the mesh model).

Let us know if this fixes your problem, and if not, please share a bit more information - ideally screenshots, so we can figure out what's going wrong and give you advice on how to fix it

Comment

• BradASchreiber
      3Dflower
      • Jan 2019

Hi Cam, yes I have a Textured Mesh, screenshot is attached. I need to know how to get an image file with my texture on it. I have exported both OBJ and FBX but no image file (that I can find)

Comment

• BradASchreiber
        3Dflower
        • Jan 2019

HI Cam, I have a Textured Mesh but no Separate Texture File. Screenshot attached. I have exported both FBX and OBJ.

Comment

• cam3d
          3Dflover
          • Sep 2017

Hey again Brad -

Your mesh is just geometry with RGB vertex data (not actually textured) - To get a textured mesh, head to Workflow>Textured Mesh generation, then follow the steps and Zephyr will generate a texture file and associate it with your mesh geometry

Click image for larger version

Name:	texturedMeshes.png
Views:	265
Size:	626.4 KB
ID:	4408

Comment

• BradASchreiber
            3Dflower
            • Jan 2019

Ah- wow, I see my mistake now. Thanks so much Cam!

Comment

• cam3d
              3Dflover
              • Sep 2017

No worries easy mistake to make!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢