• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MicaelaMaccan
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Nov 2015

CloudCompare

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to export a dense point cloud into the software CloudCompare, if so, how?

Thank you,

Micaela
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Micaela,

it's possible to export a dense point cloud only with the Pro/Aerial versions of Zephyr. You can export a point cloud by selecting Export Dense point cloud from the Export menu. The output formats (e.g. las, e57, ply, xyz, ptx...) are natively supported by CloudCompare.

Best,
    Roberto

Comment

• gagamel1
      3Dflower
      • Apr 2016

I tried yesterday a set with 51 Pictures.
      First time 46 Pictures were correctly orientated. Second time only 25 pics were orientated correctly. Third time 45 Pictures were orientated.

Why are there such differents? All attempts were done with Default Settings in Close/ Range mode. No other app was running while camera orientation was in Progress.

Thank you very much

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        Andrea Alessi commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi gagamel,

thank you for reporting this problem. You're actually right, it looks like there are some rare cases in which for some reason (currently under investigation) Zephyr fails to merge cameras clusters. This doesn't happen in most cases/datasets but as you demonstrated it can happen.

You did nothing wrong on your part

For the time being, if you see that the orientation phase fails merging clusters, i'm afraid the only solution at the moment is to re-run the first phase (to know how many camera clusters have been detected, look for

[18:02:49] Total Clusters found: 2

in the logfile)

I apologize for the incovenience and thank you for your bug report!

Andrea

• Andrea Alessi
        Andrea Alessi commented
        Editing a comment
        just a small update: we have fixed this bug in our internal development version!

We expect to release the new version hopefully at the end of next week (around 20th may) or the end of the month (around 27th may) alongside many other improvements!

Thank you!

• gagamel1
        gagamel1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Andrea

that are good News. Thank you very much.
    • Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

Hello gagamel1,

could you please share with us the Zep file and the dataset? It's a pretty strange thing, so we'd like to investigate it as thoroughly as we can.

Andrea

Comment

• gagamel1
        3Dflower
        • Apr 2016

Unfortunately I deleted the Workspaces, but I will rerun the dataset this evening and will send the Zep tomorrow.

You find the dataset here:

http://triayaam.com/index.php/support/free-models/

It is the "Wisdom Ship" dataset I used.

Thank you very much

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Thank you! I'll wait for the zep file then and start playing with the dataset anyways.

Also, which type and version of Zephyr were you using?

thank you

Andrea

Comment

• gagamel1
            3Dflower
            • Apr 2016

Hi Andrea

It`s the latest Steam Lite Version

Thank you

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
              3Dflow Staff
              • Oct 2013

Thank you,

i'll start investigating, but please send the Zep when you can anyways

Andrea

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

I did a quick test:

By using the online precalibration (checked by default) i get 43 cameras out 51 with close/range default.

The only difference i got with multiple runs (with the same settings) is by disabling the online precalibration, which gives me 42 cameras out 51. So the fact that you get these very different result is very strange, so I have two more questions

- did you process all the images in batch or did you add small chunks ?
                - can you share with me the logfiles of your reconstructions? (forgot to ask earlier! Here is how you can find your logfiles https://www.3dflow.net/technology/documents/3df-zephyr-tutorials/how-to-locate-3df-zephyr-log-files/ )

Andrea

Comment

• gagamel1
                  3Dflower
                  • Apr 2016

Thank you for testing.

I did process all Images in one Batch. I will send you the logfiles this evening. If I remember correct I didn`t shut the program after deleting the first Workspace. Maybe this has an influence.

Comment

• gagamel1
                    3Dflower
                    • Apr 2016

Hi Andrea

here are the datas you requested:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eq70m4ec3ndm04s/AACEkZq0_WUbmo7O9GFubRLLa?dl=0

Thank you very much

Comment

• MateuszB
                      Blossoming 3Dflower
                      • May 2016

Hi there,
                      Though the weekend I had set up Zephyr to make all workflow. Cameras, sparse and dense point clouds are fine but when I
                      Code:
                      m looking at mesh and textured mesh all I can see are cameras and nothing more. I hope for it
                      s my innatention in not clicking something. Any ideas guys?

Cheers,
                      Mateusz

Comment

• MateuszB
                        MateuszB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi Andrea,
                        Thanks for reply, I`ve sended log file and bigger description of the project.

Mateusz

• Andrea Alessi
                        Andrea Alessi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you for your followup.

I have sent you via email some more specific information regarding the dataset, however it looks like this is a bug that appears for some unfortunate reason in that specific dataset.

We're currently working on it! Thank you again for helping us making Zephyr a better product! I'll keep you updated both via email and forum!

• Andrea Alessi
                        Andrea Alessi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Quick followup: this bug has been fixed in the just released version 2.600!
                    • MateuszB
                      Blossoming 3Dflower
                      • May 2016

Hi there,
                      Though the weekend I had set up Zephyr to make all workflow. Cameras, sparse and dense point clouds are fine but when I
                      Code:
                      m looking at mesh and textured mesh all I can see are cameras and nothing more. I hope for it
                      s my innatention in not clicking something. Any ideas guys?

Cheers,
                      Mateusz

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                        3Dflow Staff
                        • Oct 2013

Thank you, i'll have a look at them and let you know asap!

Comment

Working...