X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AvionAvionics
    3Dflourished
    • Nov 2017

Photos how much is too much?

Guy guys, I have managed to have a couple successful sessions but this latest project feels very daunting. I am trying to scan a car complete interior and using 3df zephyr lite.
    right now I am able to get some semi-successful sets but each set tends to use several hundred photos which means I cant combine all the photos due to the Zephyr Lite photo limit.
    For anyone who has done something similar how many photos should i be looking for?
  • Quantos
    3Dfollower
    • Mar 2019

I haven't done that, but I would guess that you should use the maximum that the software will handle. I don't know if the limit is still 50 on Zephyr Lite. I haven't upgraded yet because my pay check is late....

<edit> This article might help a bit too - at least I hope it does. https://fstoppers.com/automotive/how...ainting-245842 </edit>
    Last edited by Quantos; 2019-03-26, 04:59 PM. Reason: Adding a link
    Nobody will ever suspect that it was me all along....

Comment

• AvionAvionics
      3Dflourished
      • Nov 2017

Quantos Thanks! Also for the record the limit on lite is 500, and free is 50

Comment

• Quantos
        3Dfollower
        • Mar 2019

500? Definitely buying the upgrade then

Anytime, I really hope that helps
        Nobody will ever suspect that it was me all along....

Comment

• cam3d
          3Dflover
          • Sep 2017

Hi AvionAvionics it really depends on the shape of the car, and what the surface is like. Using lots and lots of photos should be helpful with reconstruction, but ensuring it's good data is very important.

What kind of gear are you using? I can give you some feedback on camera setup

Comment

Working...