• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lemmuel
    3Dfollower
    • Sep 2018

Taking videos of tall structure

Hi,

Can you give me some tips on how to take a video on a structure about 302ft tall? Like, what part of the structure we have to start taking video? Is it from bottom to top while moving around it? Or from top down to bottom?

And one thing, is it right to use the Urban category on camera orientarion presets? Or can you suggest some configurations on advanced mode?

Thank you!
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi Lemmuel - There are a few different variables to account for. Fundamentally it doesn't matter which way you approach it (from a pure data acquisition perspective) though I would be inclined to start at the top and work my way down, so when you're finished the drone is already at the bottom of the structure.

I'd recommend taking still photos over video, you'll get better resolution and most likely a better reconstruction overall.

Try using the presets in Zephyr and if they don't work, tweak some of the settings in the advanced module - Some reading about the settings for each stage can be found here:
    This is not the page you’re looking for (404) You can go about your business. Move along, move along. If you arrived at this page by clicking a valid link, please notify the webmaster at support@3dflow.net – We apologize for … Read More

When shooting, try and shoot quickly to minimize the change in lighting (depends on the weather I guess) - A cloudy, bright, still day is ideal!

Comment

• Quantos
      3Dfollower
      • Mar 2019

Well, that's no fun, I had visions of him with a polaroid and a jet pack. Drones are too easy :P
      Nobody will ever suspect that it was me all along....

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Hahaha - Just because it's possible doesn't mean it should happen

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢