• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Photosbykev
    3Dflower
    • Aug 2018

Graphics card for rendering

Hi,

I'm looking to put a new computer together for mainly Photoshop/Premiere Pro but also for 3D work and currently thinking of using either a P4000 or RTX 2080Ti graphics card. Are there any advantages to using one or the other?

regards
    Kev
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

I think the 2080ti will be better price performance wise - *gaming* cards are pretty well suited to photogrammetric processing.

Based on 370,574 user benchmarks for the Nvidia Quadro P4000 and the RTX 2080-Ti, we rank them both on effective speed and value for money against the best 714 GPUs.

Comment

• artsomnia.art
      3Dfollower
      • May 2019

Comment

• sam3d
        3Dflourished
        • Feb 2018

I've got more focus on rendering but apply the same logic as artsomnia.art - i'd aim for the best multiple GPU setup you can afford.

I'd like 2x RTX 2070 but I think NVlink is only on the 2080 upwards so i'll probably aim for 2x 2080. Potentially the software can combine the GPU memory although this may not be beneficial for Zephyr, Premier etc?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Personally i prefer to have 2x mid range cards rather than 1 high-end card (price/performance). Please also note that that zephyr will use the cards independently so you don't need to have the same identical cards installed on your sytem. I never tried with NVlink to be honest, but unless you're working with HUGE photos, i don't think that it will show a significant difference (but i'd love to see some experiments )

Comment

Working...