X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott Nebeker
    3Dfollower
    • Sep 2016

Merging Textured Meshes

I figure it better to post this here rather than other methods. :-)

I've got a model that has small areas of text that I want readable in the final. The only way to see if it's readable is to run a textured mesh, then go back to the source imagery, create a model with those images and create another textured mesh to check quality. THEN, merge those into a resulting textured mesh

I'd LOVE to be able to merge the two (or three or four...) texture meshes straight in Zephyr without backing up a step to work with the non-textured meshes where the text isn't readable?

Am I missing something obvious, or is this simply not a capability in Zephyr?

Scott
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Scott,

the merging of meshes (textured or not) is not yet implemented. Merging meshes in a completely automatic way is not a trivial problem to solve as the software would need to automatically 'stitch' or 'bridge' the gaps between the meshes and keep only one surface where there are part in common between two meshes. Unfortunately at the moment the only way to achieve this is to do it manually with an external modeling software.

Comment

Working...