• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3DEnthusiast
    3Dfollower
    • Jul 2019

Object rotation question

Hi there,

My question is this, Say I decide to shoot a sequence of 36 shots using a DSLR mounted on a tripod and aimed at a subject that sits on a turntable . This being done to capture a full 360 degree rotation of this subject. Let's further say that each of these subsequent images were captured after a 5 degree rotation of the turntable. If I then go back and shoot a further 18 images that capture the front half of this subject at 2.5 degrees rotation of the turntable per succeeding image and add them to the images that make up the dataset will I cause the front half of the 3d model thus generated to become distorted due to the fact that the image acquisition was not carried out using a uniform distance between each succeeding image?
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Haha! I was having math class flashbacks - if I understand your question correctly: NO your model won't become distorted as a result of non-uniform degree shifting. Uniformity is a good way to ensure you have an even coverage, but not having uniform degree shift metrics isn't going to be a direct cause of distortion.

Comment

• 3DEnthusiast
      3Dfollower
      • Jul 2019

Yes, I see what you mean, those maths classes obviously left an imprint after all ! I did attempt to write out a reply earlier but the forum was undergoing some maintenance and I never got back to it. It had occurred to me that adding more images to the front half of a subject than the back half might cause some distortion so I thought it would be a good idea to check. Thanks for answering my question.

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

No problem, here to help

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢