X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nedo
    3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
    • Nov 2016

Multi Textures on one Mesh?

Hello I am new here, and i have one question regarding Mesh texturing, can 3df zephyr create more then one texture for one object,
    lets say 4x4096 textures?

Thanks for any Info
    Nedo
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hello Nedo,

unfortunately not at this time. It is however possible to create different sub-meshes objects in the same workspace (this will need some adjustment in your 3D editor of choice though, as you can not merge different meshes togheter but only point clouds - tutorial here https://www.3dflow.net/technology/documents/3df-zephyr-tutorials/tutorial-mutiple-workspace-objects-management/ ).

cheers,

Andrea

Comment

• Nedo
      3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
      • Nov 2016

Hi Andrea, thank you for the Information, i understand what you mean with different sub-meshes.
      I'm planing to get the Lite version on Steam (nice price!) But will i be limited in the whole workspace
      with 200 Photos, or can i merge point clouds from other Photos? I usualy end up around 600-800 Photos.

Greetings
      Nedo

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Nedo,

the lite version is limited to 200 photos, so even adding pictures to the workspace still keeps that limit.

We found out that the limit to 200 photos works well for most of our customers that don't need all the features that the pro version offer, so may i ask you what are your usual subjects ? This helps us steer the development of Zephyr a lot

That said, when you buy a Lite license we are also open at giving a 30 days trial for Zephyr pro at no further cost, so that when that specific, big job, comes into your view, you can still make it without buying another license. Please remember that Zep created with any version of zephyr (lite,pro,aerial) can be opened by all versions (lite, pro,aerial).

Workspace and point cloud merge is also a pro and aerial only feature, sorry!

Andrea

Comment

• Nedo
          3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
          • Nov 2016

Hi Andrea, i do Urban Photos, different places, i like to re-create them for the Steam App "Destinations",
          maybe you read allredy about it? I use my HC Vive then to see this places in VR. Beside that i use Unreal 4 VR editor alot.
          Its just a hobby, so the budget is limited (just bought a new Nikon DSLR!
          i still in search for a good Photogrammetry Software, i tested allready some others, my biggest test project
          ended up with almost 2000 Pictures, i maybe have to split up everything and bring them all toghter later
          in the 3D Software. Thats why i asked about multi textures, in Unreal usualy the textures are 4096 for the modells
          because of the Mips limit.
          Thanks for all the Info Andrea!

Nedo

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Yep, I love destinations! I also uploaded a couple tests in the workshop myself, but friends only

2000 pictures are quite a lot but it can happen for big urban settings, i agree. You can still merge smaller projects output in your 3D editor of choice, but sadly no, for that many pictures we require the 3DF Zephyr Pro purchase. But then again, feel free to ask a 30 days trial when you need to run that big scenario

Andrea

Comment

• Nedo
              3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
              • Nov 2016

Hi Andrea, just bought the Steam Lite version, could not resist!! :-D
              I have no expirience with the 3df Zepyhr prior v3.0 but this version is
              really really fast!

Greetings from Germany
              Nedo

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

Hey Nedo, thank you for your purchase

Yep, with the 2 -] 3 release we rewrote big chunks of our codebase to improve speed too! I'm sure you'll love it!

Andrea

Comment

• Nedo
                  3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
                  • Nov 2016

Andrea! Didnt knew about the black Friday Sale! :-D
                  Ofcourse i just grabbed it too, ha!
                  Very nice Christmas present, you know what, i made some (2000!) urban photos a few days back
                  will try that with the Pro version now, hopefully my 16GB ram are enough ;-)
                  I still study the tutorials, but havent found the info on Pictures formats, my Nikon makes
                  Raw photos in .NEF format, do i need to convert them? I can convert to .DNG (smaller size then .TIF).

greetings Nedo

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                    3Dflow Staff
                    • Oct 2013

Hey!

Glad to hear you got the sale too, have fun =) and remember that zeps you make with the pro will be readable by the lite, so no worries there!

We don't support raw format (the reason for that is that the raw data from sensors still have a certain noise that can be compared to compression noise) so you should simply convert it. I personally prefer JPGs but PNGs or TIFs are absolutely okay

You're right though, we have no tutorials on file formats. Good catch, i'll put it on the todolist!

Andrea

Comment

Working...