X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zen Artist
    3Dfollower
    • Aug 2019

Cannot export a ptx using Zephyr Pro 4.5

I've started my 15 day trial of Zephyr Pro and I've dragged a PTX file into the main screen. The point cloud imported and is there, but when I try to Export Mesh or Textured Mesh it is shaded and i can't select. How do I export this point cloud to a mesh?

Last edited by Zen Artist; 2019-10-11, 08:23 PM.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hey Zen Artist - IIRC to mesh things you need a structured point cloud which requires cameras in the scene - Can you share the file so I can look into it further for you?

Comment

• Zen Artist
      3Dfollower
      • Aug 2019

I can try. Did this work?
      (file was removed from server)
      Last edited by Zen Artist; 2019-10-12, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Roberto
        3Dflow
        • Jun 2011

Hi Zen,

Thank you for sharing the data and for reporting the issue. It seems there is a problem importing the ptx data pose information. Without the pose information (scan position and orientation) it's not possible to make the point cloud structured and create the mesh. I've already fixed the issue in our internal build, and we'll release it in the next minor patch (following weeks). Meanwhile, as a workaround, I suggest exporting the point cloud in another format (for example, e57?). Of course, we'll be happy to extend your trial as soon as we release the fix for the ptx format. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Roberto

Click image for larger version

Name:	fix.JPG
Views:	615
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	5710

Comment

• Zen Artist
          3Dfollower
          • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Roberto
          Hi Zen,

Thank you for sharing the data and for reporting the issue. It seems there is a problem importing the ptx data pose information. Without the pose information (scan position and orientation) it's not possible to make the point cloud structured and create the mesh. I've already fixed the issue in our internal build, and we'll release it in the next minor patch (following weeks). Meanwhile, as a workaround, I suggest exporting the point cloud in another format (for example, e57?). Of course, we'll be happy to extend your trial as soon as we release the fix for the ptx format. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Roberto
          Thank you Roberto. I will let the person who created the point clouds know. I would appreciate extending my trial once you release the fix.

Comment

• Zen Artist
            3Dfollower
            • Aug 2019

Roberto I found CloudCompare which is able to convert ptx to e57. I created an e57 file and went to Load Model in Zephyr. It loaded the model but at the same time said it was "converting" the file. Does that mean Zephyr is changing the file somehow? After the pointcloud loads in Zephyr I still can't convert it to a mesh. Is there some other way I can import the e57 file into Zephyr?

James

Comment

• Roberto
              3Dflow
              • Jun 2011

To create the mesh, you must first click on "make structured" on the point cloud (right-click on the point cloud or use the registration dock). If the point cloud doesn't have the pose information, the action will be grayed out.

Unfortunately, I've made a test with cloudcompare, and it seems that it doesn't export (or it changes) the camera pose matrix when going from ptx to e57. What scanner are you using? Most scanner software (Faro / Leica) can export in e57 with the correct pose information. Alternatively, we read also the native file format for many scanners (Faro / Riegl / Z+F): https://www.3dflow.net/native-laser-...phyr-download/

Comment

• Zen Artist
                3Dfollower
                • Aug 2019

Hi Zen,
                Of course, we'll be happy to extend your trial as soon as we release the fix for the ptx format. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Roberto
                Hi Roberto, any news on the fix?

Thanks

Comment

• Roberto
                  3Dflow
                  • Jun 2011

Hello!

We'll publish the new update with minor fixes on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

• Zen Artist
                    3Dfollower
                    • Aug 2019

Hello!

We'll publish the new update with minor fixes on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you for your patience.
                    Okay thank you.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                      3Dflow Staff
                      • Oct 2013

Hi!

4.519 has released today with the bugfix, thank you for your patience!

Comment

• Zen Artist
                        3Dfollower
                        • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi
                        Hi!

4.519 has released today with the bugfix, thank you for your patience!
                        Thank you! Since it is a timed trial can I wait to start it when I have days off of work?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                          3Dflow Staff
                          • Oct 2013

trials must be activated within 14 days of their generation or they will automatically expire - no worries if you can't activate it on time, in that case simply request a new trial key

Comment

• Zen Artist
                            3Dfollower
                            • Aug 2019

Originally posted by cam3d
                            Hey Zen Artist - IIRC to mesh things you need a structured point cloud which requires cameras in the scene
                            I've activated the trial for the latest update (version 4.519) an d I've made the PTX point cloud "structured" by right clicking the cloud and selecting "make structured." When I then go to select "Export" at the menus the Export Mesh and Export Textured Mesh is greyed out and I can't select it. Am I missing a step?
                            Last edited by Zen Artist; 2019-11-08, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...