X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DorisXs
    3Dflower
    • Nov 2019

Model dumped to different sides

Hi, I am new to Zephyr and trying to generate a model of a countryside road. I captured 6 levels of images, set in default, but the result is that the road generated in different level(with different heights and angles) dumped to different sides. Could you please tell me what to do now to generate a flat road? Here are some screenshots.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Doris,

it's hard to tell exactly what went wrong, but what is likely happened is that some parts of your flight didn't have a lot of overlap and that resulted in a wrong clustering by zephyr. The project still may be salvageable but i'd need to see exactly what went wrong in order to give you more specific advice.

Can you share the photos with me, and possibly the zep file?

Comment

• DorisXs
      3Dflower
      • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi
      Hi Doris,

it's hard to tell exactly what went wrong, but what is likely happened is that some parts of your flight didn't have a lot of overlap and that resulted in a wrong clustering by zephyr. The project still may be salvageable but i'd need to see exactly what went wrong in order to give you more specific advice.

Can you share the photos with me, and possibly the zep file?
      Hi Andrea,

I tried to cut the input and only sent 2 levels of images into zephyr, the error just disappeared. But I wonder why I can not input images from different shooting angles?
      The file is too big to be attached, and it warn as 'Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.' when I trying to upload my images.zip file. Could you plz tell me what to do next?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Doris,

it is likely that you did not have enough overlap between the two sets. Zephyr needs to find enough common keypoints in order to proceed with the reconstruction. You can absolutetly have different angles, however you must ensure that there is enough overlap between the different sets.

You cannot upload that many MB/GB on the forum - please use a third party service (e.g. wetransfer or send us a public link, e.g. via dropbox or google drive) to send the full set to support@3dflow.net or let me know if you prefer an account on our sharing server.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Hi Doris,

thank you for sending the dataset.

- I suggest you keep different names for your images. You have multiple files with the same name, in different subdirectories. It's not a good practice as moving the zep file on a different computer may be difficult as you'll have to pick the subdirectories and it's easy to make a mistake when selecting a specific image.

- the dataset is unfortunately composed by low-quality images ( 1160x870 pixels ). As this is clearly a synthetic dataset, try improving the rendering settings when acquiring the screenshots.

Make sure to have more overlap between the sets. However ultimately, you should feed a better dataset in order to have better results.

Comment

• DorisXs
            3Dflower
            • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi
            Hi Doris,

thank you for sending the dataset.

- I suggest you keep different names for your images. You have multiple files with the same name, in different subdirectories. It's not a good practice as moving the zep file on a different computer may be difficult as you'll have to pick the subdirectories and it's easy to make a mistake when selecting a specific image.

- the dataset is unfortunately composed by low-quality images ( 1160x870 pixels ). As this is clearly a synthetic dataset, try improving the rendering settings when acquiring the screenshots.

Make sure to have more overlap between the sets. However ultimately, you should feed a better dataset in order to have better results.
            Thanks a lot for your help! I will try to generate more images next time.

Comment

Working...