X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonathanJObin
    3Dflower
    • Nov 2019

Export textured mesh greyed out

For some reason I'm not able to export a mesh on my project. I usually export and OBJ to maya with the texture but this time the option is greyed out and I have no idea why. Tried looking online and didn't find any explanation for it. Anyone able to help ?
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Jonathan,

it seems that you are using 3DF Zephyr Free, which allows you export only textured mesh. If the option is greyed out, you have probably generated a 3D model (untextured). Make sure to go again in the workflow menu and generate a textured mesh, before you can actually export it.

Lite/Pro/Aerial allows you to also export the untextured mesh, if required.

Comment

• JonathanJObin
      3Dflower
      • Nov 2019

Thanks Andrea,

I'm using Lite 4.523 and the model is already textured. I'm gonna run it again in a new scene and see if the same problem happens.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Jonathan,

are you sure you're not looking at the untextured model, but with color on the vertices? Can you take a screenshot so it's easier to help you? thanks

Comment

• JonathanJObin
          3Dflower
          • Nov 2019

Yes sure it was textured. I ran Textured mesh Generation again and changed the preset from Default Single Texture to High Detail and now I'm able to export it.
          I usually only do a single texture because that's all I need but for some reason it didn't work in this case.

Thanks for your help !

Comment

Working...